What Is Everyone Doing For This Happy Holiday Weekend??

by Magwitch 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Happy Labor Day All!

Tell us what your plans are.

I am heading to the CU/CSU game tomorrow (Go CU) Wish you were with us Quendi. Then heading out for 3 days of white water rafting.

So looking forward to shutting off the computer for a few days.

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

Good ol' TX BBQ!

• Glander
    Glander

Staying off the highways and BBQ'ing at home.

• whathappened
    whathappened

We are expecting about 5 inches of rain this weekend in the midwest USA from what's leftover from Isaac. I will stay dry inside and clean out closets. Sounds like fun, yes?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Magwitch:

I am getting some well-deserved R&R. I need to catch up on sleep.

One thing I can say, I am glad I no longer knock on people's doors on Saturday mornings! To be honest, I never felt right about it because I would be waking-up somebody like myself just to mumble some nonsense and hand them a waste of paper.

Looking back in retrospect, I feel so stupid and I now know it would have been far better if I were home sleeping, taking courses or sitting at the diner eating breakfast. Anything would have been preferable to being with those people traipsing around and wasting precious time and gas.

Glad to be done with the whole stupid charade !

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

R&R sounds so good. I will have a BBQ and enjoy a good beer. Be with good friends and appreciate life.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

BBQ sounds like fun! cleaning closets -Yikes

LongHairGal...I feel so stupid about engaging in such dumb activity too. It is so nice to be able to leave town and not worry if you will be stumbling someone because you won't be there for Saturday service or the Sunday meeting. Or worry that others may see you as a lover of pleasure.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Will be recovering from a weeklong vacation at the shore. . . Had a great time - perfect weather!

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've been volunteered to help my wife's school get some work done at the building they're moving into.

Magwitch, where are you going river rafting? A couple of weeks ago after driving my daughter to Boulder I came back to Seattle via I-70 into Utah. Beautiful country up there.

• Stealth
    Stealth

It will be raining like hell in the midwest USA, thank god we need it. Instead of door to door will do some telephone witnessing instead, practice my next public talk. Oh and have some of the friends over to study the watchtower lesson for Sunday and play Jenga.

Oh that was a hell of a flash-back.

Spending time with grand-twins and BBQ if the rain lets up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit