I Could Really Use A Friend

by Hargitay 26 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Welcome, Hargitay!!! I'm sorry that you have been mistreated. You can now be your true self, Hargitay. And you will never be lonely,here!

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Welcome! I am quite a ways away from you.....but you have plenty of "e" friends right here!

• Hargitay
    Hargitay

Thank you all for the replies and warm concern. It was very difficult to reach out to those whom I have always been warned against. I am so ticked off at the JW's and the WT Society for tossing me out like trash, and I figured I wasn't the only one. I remember those who were rumored to be apostate and they just disappeared off the face of the earth never to be heard from again. They were only ever mentioned with veiled contempt and criticism by other JW's. I am now one of them.

I am in between places right now and getting internet is a luxury, so I can't always respond to messages as promptly as I would like to. I have been tempted several times to sale my laptop to get some cash, but I am holding out.

I understand that some might suspect I could be an elder sifting out apostates, but I am not.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I used to live in Houston, I noticed some folks here live in Houston. I do know some JW folks there, maybe we know the same people. You can PM me.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I remember finding this place and thinking "Holy Sh!t! I'm not the only one that thinks they were raised by nutters!" It was a breath of fresh air.

Welcome to the forum from the other side of the planet .... and welcome to your new life.

Get yourself out there and get to know the dreaded Worldlies in your area. It's hard work at first, but it is worth it. The 'Worldlies' I hang out with are better 'Christians' than most of the JWs I know even though they are only ever seen in churches for weddings and funerals.

Cheers

Chris

• still thinking
    still thinking

well I'm on the other side of the world...but I can welcome you here...

• sizemik
    sizemik

And it's hello from him me . . . also from the other side of the planet.

I remember those who were rumored to be apostate and they just disappeared off the face of the earth never to be heard from again.

Here we are! . . . and we aren't such a bad lot really.

Take your time and don't be too anxious. There is life after WT . . . and that's not so bad either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit