I Could Really Use A Friend

by Hargitay 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Hargitay
    Hargitay

Have been in the Austin area for a little over a week in the midst of trying to start over. I was df'd recently after being in the truth my entire life. Everyone has abandoned me, and I am lost out here. If there is anyone in Austin area, I could really use a friend.

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome to the board, Hargitay. You are among friends here.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

I don't live anywhere near you, but feel free to PM me any time.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Welcome to the forum. Even if there's no one on here in your area there is lots of moral support to help you readjust after the DF, you only have to turn on your pc. There will also be lots of tips for meeting new people in your area. To begin with have you started new employment there yet?

Loz x

Edited to say: Dont panic you are among friends here, things will improve, take it a day at a time.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Welcome to the board, I am a couple hours North of ya in the DFW area. There are a couple of others as well here from TX. This board can be very helpful. Personally it helped me research and confirm many of the roots of the theology and practices that bothered me.

Sometimes it helps to just tell your story.

-CF

• baltar447
    baltar447

I'm sending you a PM

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

In 2007, I learned it wasn't actually "truth". You may discover the same.

• Fernando
    Fernando

A warm welcome Hargitay!

There are quite a number of deeply compassionate and caring people here on JWN.

It is fantastic that you are reaching out for friends. Please keep looking and asking. I pray that the right people come into your life. A good Psychologist that understands cults might also be a great help.

Please check out meetup.com and if you are spiritually inclined at this stage possibly others who are leaving religion and religious institutions such as: http://www.site.house2house.com/about-h2h/welcome.

We are all at different stages of the journey, yet we know it is for the better to be rid of conditional friends and conditional love.

Yes, it can be a painful process. Mindbending too when you experience grief over losing something that was very bad for your health anyway.

Maybe rethinking the story of Jesus could be of some help? He had a real heart for those marginalised by religious leaders for not measuring up to their standard of righteousness (namely apostate "legalism"). Jesus would love to have you as one of his brothers if you will have him. He only rejects religious leaders - not sinners.

Many here on JWN will gladly correspond with you via PM, email or Skype - myself included. Just send a PM to anyone you seem to identify with.

You may be shocked at the kind decent people you can and will meet outside the Watchtower if you join a club, book reading group, take up music or computer lessons and so on.

If your situation is desperate please let us know urgently and we will do our best to mobilise emergency support.

Greetings and blessings

Fernando (who is SBNR - Spiritual But Not Religious)

Queensland, Australia

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

i work for a copant based out of round rock, i get there often, i'll be there ina few weeks, , we can grab a beer. email me, [email protected]

• baltar447
    baltar447

Hey EP, you've got an email.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit