Did you know some witnesses who wanted to an Elder or M.S for the fame?

by Pitchess Co-Gen 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

I'm talking about how they pretend to love the congragation, but they really don't . They strive to be "circuit superstars" ; instead of careing for the flock . Did you guys know any people like that while you were in .

• out4good3
    out4good3

My father-in -law was such as man. A superstar well respected elder in the congregation, but anywhere else, the biggest and most arrogant prick you'd ever want to meet.

Can't talk about what took his ass down, but it was stunning and spectacular to all who "thought" they knew him.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

One must understand that even if originally well intentioned, some let it go to their heads. I know many examples of men that in real life have low-paid jobs, and have little control in their work environment, while in the congregation they shine, of course.
    So some pontificate at the KH, while they have no fame at work, and even sometimes none at home. I've seen this many times.But I also know some elders that really do it with love and conviction - and wish they could be freed from the responsibility - but feel they can't abandon their post.

There are some really wonderful elders, and some really shitty ones...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They strive to be "circuit superstars" ; instead of careing for the flock . Did you guys know any people like that while you were in .

Sad to say, but most of the superstars on the top rungs are all like that. THink about it. . . . . . what other motivation is there? These are people who thrive on the limelight. Many may start out with good motives, but all the hob-knobbing wtih the other Superfine Apostle Group soon takes its toll on anyone. Then it's nothing more than any other corporate ladder with all the competition and backstabbing as anywhere else. And the sheeple line up to kiss their ass ring.

Voice of experience.

Doc

• tinker
    tinker

Status, power and fame is what it's all about. Yes there are some that do serve out of 'love' but even those like the perks that come with the possiton. And the wives of elders, oh my, the swager and bragging that goes on. The phrasing many use tells it all 'Stan made elder' .....finally after all that time as a lowly MS.

• blondie
    blondie

I knew a few that really cared a bout people and had skills and "advanced." They also had "heavy" brothers that mentored them; some anointed male jws, some long-time family contacts.

But I know some nimnodes that got nowhere, lacked suck up skills, were always sniffing at the CO or DO. The more successful were the businessmen with money and family contacts that knew "heavy" brothers. Some barely made elders and were stuck there, and when they changed congregations, were not reappointed.

But now with the lack of MS and elders, I have seen brothers who can't read appointed MS who give memorized talks prepared by another brother or their own wife, and recently a known alcoholic and another, an abuser.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

not quite fame but social acceptance. wow i cant believe i actually cared about what those ppl thought. on a side note i was pretty much ripe for it. i was so impressionable. fortunatly i wasnt an elders kid so i got passed up for MS. good thing jehovers spirit was AWOL. lol

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Pitchess:

I would definitely say that some wanted to be looked up to. In fact, one as much as admitted it to me.

No offense, but I laughed at the word "fame" because JWs in general are not even thought about by the average person on the street. They are a legend in their own minds.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

"All men are Dogs" is a very true quote.

Many men strive to be the ALPHA Dog in any pack. Congregation, town, or work. Perceived competitors and "lone wolves" are driven out, and only submissive male wolves and females accepted.

It is not Christlike, or even civilized.

My 2 cents.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

My ex wanted the 'position' which brought its own glory. I used to pray he'd get it while apparently our kids prayed the opposite. They were right. I just wanted peace.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit