Which websites do you go to for your NEWS?

by ThomasCovenant 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Diest
    Diest

Badger Sentinal Sun. Or google.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Fox News.CNN.

PHG

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Jon Stewart daily show, the weather channel and atlantis rising magazine and check out the latest archeological finds

• scotoma
    scotoma

Why? I like google because it provides news and commentary from many sources. One of the problems with this information age is that people tend to focus on sources that feed their bias. The purpose of "news" is to become aware of a wide scope of happenings.

• moshe
    moshe

The Globe is sure more interesting--

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I like Google "Alerts" for news.

I have my name, company, "Jehovah", and "Watchtower Bible" entered as "Alert" subjects(easy to set up & free on google). So during the day emails pop up while at work on any NEWS related to those subjects. Lots of OBITS and official PR, but some juicy stuff as well.

A year ago I got quite a few "Jehovah" alerts from JWN when Jehovah was a title subject. Not so much anymore (an SEO thing?) :(. I know LOTS of active JWs all over California do the same, so I like to SPELL OUT "JEHOVAH" or "WATCHTOWER" whenever possible on a thread heading..even if it does make it a bit longer. Congregation gossips all over America (and at Bethel) get JWN threads in the IN BOX through out the day that way.

My little bit of "Witnessing" regarding the "truth about the truth".

Question: Should I turn in time for this?

• donuthole
    donuthole

reddit.com does a pretty good of keeping me informed with the added bonus of (generally) insightful commentary.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

twitter, facebook, and this site.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Fark.com is my favorite website news aggregator. It lists all types of news in a humorous way. It also has a fun discussion forum, and the people who are part of the discussion forums are called "Farkers"-lol Yes, I too am a big Farker!

Here is the linky...

FARK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit