• berrygerry
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

"We could spend weeks listening to you blabber on ..."

Nice. Very loving, caring comment.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• smiddy
    smiddy

I have said it before and i will say it again , Jehovah Witnesses speak out of both side of their mouth .

smiddy

• galaxie
    galaxie
    Thankfully there are many elders who have ' seen through ' this watchtower sham and excuse as gods representatives . Most of these so called elders are cherry picked puppets who cant see past their own egos and will hold onto their position whilst inwardly realise they are part of a falsehood, otherwise their delusion is really a sickness.
  • rip van winkle
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

... their delusion is really a sickness ...

That would be the definition of a delusion:

/dəˈlo͞oZHən/

noun: delusion; plural noun: delusions

an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

-
  • steve2
    steve2

This is hardly the shocking revelation it sets out to be. You have a bunch of elders doing their best to respond to and answer one man's questions. It sounds very heavy going for both parties but full credit to both parties for doing their best to frame their questions and answers in the most helpful way.

There ain't no angels and demons here -folks - although I should imagine if the elders dared to secretly video our friend's "trial", we'd be declaring them to be very deceptive and dishonest. Funny how we don't accuse our friend of that. Hmmmmmm.

A bit of a long-winded let down.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Steve: I should imagine if the elders dared to secretly video our friend's "trial", we'd be declaring them to be very deceptive and dishonest.

Yeah, it's all fucked up.

What do we expect: someone with some thinking abilities ask a few hard questions and the elders fall back on the stock answers. The end result is always the same: The elders find the questioner to be an apostate.

Pretty predictable. Tragic for the people whose lives get messed up, but sadly unsurprising.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• KateWild
    KateWild

The elders seemed surprised when he was discussing the UN. They seemed to have no clue and didn't want to see proof of Watchtowers position over the years.

I found this very telling and obvious that WT breaks up families.

Kate xx

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I could not watch it, I tried, I get enraged when I hear justification from elders about WT's child sex abuse policy, it is criminal and they blithely defend it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit