Be Wise My Son and Make My Heart Rejoice!

by Perry 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

In a previous thread about smoking, Amazing said:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jesus said that what comes out of a person is what defiles them, not what goes into them.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WBTS commentary:

Many people have often wondered if it is appropriate to inhale tobacco smoke based on Jesus' words above. We have always maintained that we are not masters over our brothers' consciences. Since Jesus' words clearly indicate that what enters the body has no theological ramifications or consequences; the question, "Is it wrong to inhale tobacco smoke", could be seen by some as a conscience matter outside of the jurisdiction of the Christian congregation elders.

So, if a Christian found that his conscience was not bothered by inhaling tobacco smoke, an adjusted understanding would dictate that no congregation action would be taken with such a person. However, one should think hard about Jesus' counsel that it is "what comes out of a person that defiles him".

In harmony with this greater understanding and new light on this issue of great importance, it will be the policy of the congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses to only take disciplinary action against those who choose to willfully and deliberately exhale tobacco smoke even though the inhaling is in harmony with the Christian freedom Christ so lovingly afforded to those that follow him.

Sadly, some have chosen the course of pride, and ran ahead of Jehovah, even before this enlightened understanding, and chose to inhale tobacco smoke. In order to preserve the unity of God's organization, regrettably they had to be disfellowshipped.

Even those who had the correct understanding and who chose to inhale, but because of conscience issues could not conscientiously exhale had to be regrettably disfellowshipped even though having already expired from asphixiation. They died in a disfellowshipped state and have lost their prospects of living forever on a paradise earth.

Others, wishing to prove their loyalty to God's organization chose to align themselves on the side of righteousness and refrain from inhaling even though they saw no harm in it. How thankful those ones now can be that they were obedient and are now free to inhale.

One such brother recently inhaled tomacco smoke in harmony with this new understanding, and also wishing to prove faithful, "even unto death", refused to defile his body by exhaling. He has set a fine example for others to follow and has built up treasures in heaven where "moth and rust do not consume". He did not die in vain, and we can look forward to welcoming this brother back from the dead in the new system.

True to the charge to dispense food at the proper time, we can thank the faithful and discreet slave for interpreting and clarifying sometimes difficult passages and not rely upon our own understanding. Only by doing this can we make a collective "reply to him that is that is taunting me".

Yes, to the glory of our everlasting King and his Spirit directed organization, we embrace the counsel, "Be wise my son and make my heart rejoice"!

• Celia
    Celia

Bwaaaaah...
    Good one Perry !

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

So the trick is...just don't exhale.. LOL

********regrettably they had to be disfellowshipped.*****

Yeah right!As if they ever regretted anything!

Whats regrettable is that anyone would buy into the GB's cr*p.......excuse me, "new, old, or whatever light"

Sunny...who has quit smoking, but if she wanted one would have it!

• 2SYN
    2SYN

*BWHAHAHA*

Now they're even telling us that inhaling is OK, but exhaling is a disfellowshipping offense!

*OH MY SACK* this is funny...I'm sure that the WTBTS Writing Department is secretly the headquarters of The Onion or Satirewire or something!

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• 2SYN
    2SYN

Classic stuff Perry, I'm modding this thread up for sure!

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• Perry
    Perry

PERSECUTION IN CALIFORNIA !

AWAKE ARTICLE:

Over the years the society has received numerous letters questioning the rightfulness of disfellowshipping those who willfull choose a course contrary to bible standards and deliberately exhale tobacco smoke.

Even news organizations have at times fanned the flames of persecution, no doubt spurred on by elite members of the Evil Slave Class. Some have even went to the extreme of initiating law suits against the society for what its members do, clearly only from their bible trained consciences. But is such persecution against true Christians warranted?

Recently in the state of California where the inhaling of tobacco smoke in any public place is illegal, one brother pointed out to the restaurant owner Jesus' words that it was not what entered into a person that defiled a person. The restaurant owner then physically tried to remove the faithful brother when our brother exercised his bible trained conscience and inhaled tobacco smoke.

To complicate the matter, the owner, feigning compassion, then violated his civil rights by trying to force the faithful brother to exhale by pushing on his chest. When his wife stated that her husband could not conscietiously exhale and ignore Jesus' words that "what comes out of a man is what defiles him"; the owner conceeded that never had he seen such devotion to God.

Now, not only will we see our dear brother in the new system at the resurrection, but the store owner as well! A bible study was started and he and his family were baptized at the last convention!

While not every test of our faith will yield such positive results, our obedience serves as a fine testimony to authorities who would like to impose their will upon us, even in so-called democratic countries.

We urge all the brothers world wide to write to the state of California and implore them to referse their ban on smoke inhalation in public places and uphold democratic principles of freedom that all Jehovah's Witnesses stand for.

• alamb
    alamb

Ok, we're on a roll.

How is it that smoking is condemned by the GB (or at least exhaling) but not gluttony which is CLEARLY condemned in the scriptures along with adultery and fornication? I have never seen a congregation that wasn't at least 30% obese. This would be classified as some kind of idolatry to food?

Oh, and visiting tanning beds should be a DF'ing offense as they burn the flesh and also cause cancer and wrinkles.

And, no, I don't smoke.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ah, but, if a person is a smoker, does that not indicate that he is short on wisdom? Could you take serious advice from a smoker? If a person is so unwise as to take care of his own body, why should you trust his advice in matters that affect you?

Englishman.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Good one Perry ... I knew it would be just a matter of time until someone thought about the exhaling aspect of smoking ... lol

Jesus actually said at Matt 15:11:

"Not that which entereth into the mouth defileth the man; but that which proceedeth out of the mouth, this defileth the man."
    Taken literally, given your proposed 'New Light', one could be DF'd for any kind of exhaling. Also, since it would literally involve the 'mouth' - then vomiting, coughing, phelgm, spit, drool, etc. would mean that 99% of all JWs would have to be DF'd. The few left at the top, like the GB would simply hold it in until they explode.
  • Perry
    Perry

Questions From Readers:

How is it that smoking is condemned by the GB (or at least exhaling) but not gluttony which is CLEARLY condemned in the scriptures along with adultery and fornication?
    While it is true that many of the appointed Elders in the Christian Congregation seem to have not missed too many meals, is this evidence of Gluttony? More importantly is this a pre-requisite for Eldership?

First of all a huge torso and an enlarged posterior are not necessarily indicative of over eating. A person could merely be big bonned. Similarly, the multiple chins sometimes observed with a book marker inserted to find the mouth, may simply be a familial trait.

To prove the charge of gluttony two or more witnesses would need to observe the raviousness packing in of food to the point of near choking. Since, this behavior is many times participated in at night, in front of the refrigerator while other family members are sleeping, it would be very hard to prove.

Regarding the inordinate number of fat elders, one young ministerial servant observed: I'm almost 40, have a very hot body, work out at the gym, and play basketball. I have been pioneering for years but still have not been appointed. Is it because I'm not fat?

While it is true that many Elders have been known to appoint only fat #$%^% counterparts, it is for the benefit of the congregation. Many sisters, being the weaker vessel have been observed, virtually swooning over trim and fit Elders. Some have even been tempted into fornication simply by watching the trim Elder simply walk to the stage. Did not Paul counsel single women to marry because of the prevelance of fornication?

True, Paul's list of qualities for Eldership did not include a prerequisite for obesity. But, given the sinful and over indulgent world we live in with it's emphasis on appearance, and the likelihood of sisters ignoring their own husbands to fantisize about Elder Hottie, this practice could not be seen as out of harmony with God's word.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit