My own story.

by JoelCW 31 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Welcome, JoelCw!!! I wouldn't be surprised if your C.O. was a closet apostate!!! Good story JCW!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Thank you for sharing

Welcome to the forum

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome to JWN!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks for sharing your experience, especially about the C.O. talk and how it moved you.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I like your story.

What fog most of us are engulfed in at age 18.

We honestly can't see the forest, for the trees. Seems like you could see the trees, at a very early age.

There were 6 girls from our hall that got baptized at the same time.

ALL of us raised in the truth.

ALL married in the "Lord".

ALL had bad marriages.

ALL of us divorced.

If we had only known, at an early age, like you, that we were following "cruel" taskmasters, our lives and our childrens lives would/could have been so different.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Welcome Joel.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Welcome and glad you found your way out the WTBS.....really impressed that at an young age you questioned things

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Congratulations on getting out while you were still young! It took hubby and me forty years longer than you to wake up.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome, and thanks for the hilarious story!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Welcome JoelCW! What a great story! Your mind was clear as a bell at such an early age! I do remember some things that I thought of quite early on like when my school friend at primary school gave me a Christmas card and knowing they were wrong I bought her a new years card only to be told actually they are wrong too. I thought how can I ever have friends, this is ridiculous! I wish I'd held that thought. When I was 16 I kept asking everyone I worked with in field service what they thought of the ransom sacrifice teaching, if they understood it. They all looked at me as if I was mad. Of course they understood that God allowed his son to be tortured to death so that humans can live forever. It took me much longer than you to realise if something sounds wrong that's because it is wrong!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit