Jehovah's Witness DC in Buckingham, Pa and the societies user friendly Hotel Arrangement

by DaCheech 15 Replies latest jw friends

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Da Cheech the 2nd time we tortured ourselves going to Montreal we stayed in the Societies campground.

So glad I never have to attend one of those things ever again. -Leslie-

• finally awake
    finally awake

The first time we went to a convention, we got stuck in a crappy Ramada Inn. It was filthy and management did not care at all. Neither did the rooming department. My aunt and uncle were in the room next door - they found a used razor in the bathtub and there were peanuts on the floor under the nightstand in our room. Our feet turned black from walking barefoot on the carpet. That was the only year we had a lousy hotel.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Yet if you try to explain to a dub that the WT is getting a kickback for filling these hotels up......they'd tell you that you're crazy. And when you tell them "well.....there are over 100 hotels that are CLOSER to the convention site than this one.......why did they have to pick one that is so far away instead of going with one of these other ones that are closer? Wouldn't that be taking care of the sheep?".......you'll be met with "we don't know the details as to why certain hotels were picked. It is best not to develop a Korah like attitude."

Have I mentioned lately that I hate this cult?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

when I mention stuff, I give my wife a headache

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Where's the list of approved hotels in the Bible? Must be somewhere....

• Splash
    Splash

(Acts 28:15) And from there the brothers, when they heard the news about us, came to meet us as far as the Marketplace of Ap′pi·us and Three Taverns and, upon catching sight of them, Paul thanked God and took courage.

This place gets a good write up on TripAdvisor

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit