Jehovah's Witness DC in Buckingham, Pa and the societies user friendly Hotel Arrangement

by DaCheech 15 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

This past sunday, I was browsing in the Kingdom hall bulletin board.

I noticed that the list of "approved" hotels for the DC was up there.

noticed that in the assembly to take place in Pennsylvania, only 2 hotels were in Pennsylvania................ #3 on --> were in NJ

so, I get on my smart phone and GPS a route from Hotel #3 in Princeton, NJ to Buckingham, Pa.

my little gadget tells me that there is 27.9 miles of driving and 46 minutes of traffic.................... do these sheeples have the stupidity of driving this far to an "approved" hotel?

Are they blinded enough to not look for the 300 or more hotels in the county?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Correct. They ARE that blind. They will not look off the approved list. Thats why its a cult ;)

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

My parent's take on this...

Nancy: Neil, we are in our 80's this is too far for us to drive. I think we should look into other options

Neil: Nancy it is imperative that we do things Jehovah's way

Nancy: You are right.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

GPS is controlled by Satan, as is anything not WT approved.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

so lets not use GPS, and get lost going to the "approved" hotel

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Man, memories of Society recommended hotels. Back in the 60's when my folks first came in and were using our vacations to attend assemblies (back when they were 8 days I think) they would recommend hotels but were not so adamant about staying at them as they seem to be now. Anyway, my memory is of going to the convention in Detroit and having reservations at the recommended Hotel Wolverine. I think the name said it all. It was a run down, crap hole of a place (although my Googling told me it was once quite the place to stay in the 30's and 40's, by the 60's it was in decline and housed indigents under the welfare department. That was shortly after we were there!) My folks took one look at the room and we left. We stayed at some other motel further out. We went to several conventions in Buffalo also, but we always stayed over the border in Niagara Falls Canada. I will have to give that to my father, who was a long time elder, he showed that consideration for his family.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Boy this brings back memories. First big International Assembly in Montreal at the Expo Stadium (was around 1978 can't remember exactly) Being good obedient Dubs my ex and I stayed at an 'approved' motel. We had to drive to the subway, park, get on the subway, change trains 2 more times to get to the stadium. Made for an extremely long day. Our motel was a dump. our son was 2 1/2 and the crib was too small (short) so we had to put him in bed with us. I think it was called Motel Pierre. We had friends who ended up in a Wt. approved Holiday Inn. Must have been nice!-Leslie-

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

we were at the "rousillon".............. some kind of island near montreal

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It is also technically required that you show up at the " approved " hotel with your " approved " attire. I would post the KM if I could. Basically you are to show up dressed like you are at Bethel or dressed like your posing in a Watchtower magazine. Shorts an t-shirt are discouraged. Slacks and nice shirt for men, and dresses or nice slacks for the ladies. Oh, wear your convention badges as well.... If I am not Df'd before the next DC, I will be staying as where I want or at home ( my wife is still " in " ).

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i remember they moved the convention in my area to a site that was 2 hours each way, and they told us that we should not get hotels because people who had to travel farther should get them. so on already an 8 hour day, they added 2 hours each way, so now thats 12 hours a day. thats if you went yourself, if you took the congregation bus, they left around 6am, and didnt get home until like 9 or 10 at night because they stayed until cleaning was done.

i looked at my wife after the meeting in the car and said "there is no way im doing this, fortunatly she agreed, and we didnt go to another convention"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit