Candace Conti Awarded Millions in Punitive Damages!

by God_Delusion 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Righty, I've just been talking to Kathleen (Candace's mum) and the good news is that the Judge has awarded millions in punitive damages!

Read and share the article here - http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/jw-lawsuits/candace-conti-beats-the-watchtower-society/

What a victory for the Conti's and for all ex-Jehovah's Witnesses everywhere!

Love,
    Jaymes

• arwen
    arwen

Wonderful news!!!

• sir82
    sir82

Thus the WT dilemma:

Pay the amount now and admit guilt, or risk appeals and quite possibly pay several million more.

Too bad, too bad, you great city!

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Guys, I am preparing a press release which will be sent to my contacts at the local English newspapers here in Cyprus. I'll post it here tomorrow. Please email it to your local newspapers. Hopefully they'll publish it.

Regards,
    Jaymes

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Funny how at the District Convention, the final speaker on the 3rd day while doing the traditional concluding clapfast talk with obligatory yelling into the microphone, paused at one point and said the GB had something to relate to the audience. He then proceeded to talk about the WT's legal victory in France regarding taxes and how this whole dispute has been going on for ten years. He placed special emphasis on how Jehovah comes through for his organization, yadda yadda yadda. The whole time I was waiting for him to mention this Candace Conti case and he never touched it. I was waiting for him to mention it because I heard from a relative in another state up north that during her convention they did mention this case. Now this bit of news comes out today and I'm not one to put much stock into coincidence.

• carla
    carla

"...waiting for him to mention this Candace Conti case and he never touched it.."-- Wouldn't it have been great if someone would have shouted out, "How about the Candace Conti trial?" How would the crowd & gb/higherups react to that? once that name was shouted out at a dc?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Thanks for the info, Jaymes

I'm happy they accepted the change in punitive damages to $11.2 million !!! This amount is still substantial and should have major impact on the WTS!!!

Now, we just have to wait to see if the WTS will appeal the lesser amount of punitive damages.

At this point: 11.2 million punitive damages

+ 6.8 million compensatory damages

= $18,000000.00 !!!!!

Congratulations again to Candace Conti!!!!

• whathappened
    whathappened

If they appeal and ask for a new trial, there will be even more publicity. In this case, the bad publicity is really bad. Damage has been done that can not be fixed or whitewashed. They have been found guilty in a court of law. A good day it is.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Thanks for the update and so glad for Candance. Anything that hurts the WTS is a good thing for the world.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I wonder how Candice feels in the midnight hour knowing that because she sued the Society, she's now a millionaire? I think I still have enough residual guilt and brainwashing left over not to have some qualms about this. Luckily she's young and has the memory of what happened to remind her how justified her case was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit