My nephew is awake!

by redvip2000 21 Replies latest jw friends

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

My 17 year old nephew is visiting from Florida and to my surprise, last night in conversation, he revealed that for the last 2 years, he has come to realize that the Watchtower society " is a bunch of BS" and that he can see how people are brainwashed in the organization.

Interestingly, he has come to realize this, without knowing any of the facts and scandals that we all know about - he simply can see things don't add up. Naturally our conversation progressed to discuss the inconsistencies in the Org which he had no idea about, and the flood gates were opened.... He now wants to read the Ray Franz's books, and get as much information as possible.

He told me that the young people in the hall are beginning to speak to each other about " the issues", while keeping these conversations away from the parent's ears. Sadly, my sister still expects and somewhat forces the kid to attend the meetings, but i told him that he should be wise and patient in the process of stepping away from the cult, to avoid too much collateral damage.

I often feared that the kid would be pressured into being baptized in the cult, but he seems determined to make sure that will never happen. So there you go, another one of my family members is on the way out. I know that my mom is a lost case, as she is will never stop being a witness - mostly because she doesn't even care about any obvious fallacies of the cult, but perhaps my sister will eventually come to her senses and leave the destructive brotherhood.

Above all, it's nice to see a young kid freeing himself at such a young age - he has his entire life ahead of him without having to deal with the suffocating control exerted by the Washtowel society. And if he is right, this younger generation is slowly coming to it's senses, which spells very bad news for the Org.

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

one word....Awesome!!!

• baltar447
    baltar447

This is very encouraging!

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

That is wonderful news redvip 2000. It is great that your nephw opened up to you about how he really feels about the organization. It will strengthen his resolve to get out knowing that he can openly talk to you about anything regarding the WT and that he has your support. It is also encouraging to hear that other young ones are talking amongst themselves about the issues that they see are wrong. Here's to his progression out -Leslie-

• whathappened
    whathappened

What you said about talk among the young people is true. My young nephews say the same thing. No one really believes it and they are going along for the free ride for the moment and have plans to leave when they are able.

So happy to hear the young ones are smart and seeing this organisation for what it truly is - BS.

• Piglet
    Piglet

That's great to hear! Does anyone know if this sort of thing is happening much here in the UK?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Awesome news!

I really think critical thinking is being introduced more and more in high school. Kids are expected to use the internet to find differing points of view and come to a logical conclusion. Then they go the the KH and see these silly articles about "obey the slave" and "don't read anything except what we provide you" and its a big "Huh?!?!?!?!" in a young persons mind.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"...another one of your relatives is 'On The Way Out.'"

I am thrilled to be your brother. But I know what you mean. Awesome for you and your nephew.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Great news, happy for you and for him

Loz x

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

That's really Good News!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit