by yumbby 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Welcome yummby. :)

I like you have had to fight with myself in recovery from living life as a JW. I was "born" into the Troof and I live with the painful reminder everyday that my family shuns me simply because I stood up for what I believed in and questioned some of their doctrine, which has changed considerably over the years. It's kind of hard when your brother, his wife, your nephew, your mother, your sister, and 99% of the friends you grew up with all view you as some type of monster, when you havent changed, you just questioned the organization and its validity, something they have been too afraid to do.

And some people wonder why I am bitter?

Im here for you should you ever need to talk. You will find my email address in my profile. You are not alone, remember that.

PERSONAL WEBPAGE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html
    FREELANCE ARTWORK FOR SALE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/JasonArtwork1.html

• yumbby
    yumbby

Thanks everybody for your great welcome, it is very hard to bear the shunning of family and long time friends, I think it is a wound that never really goes away, my answer? move away. I moved far away, where I don't have to look around every corner. I think these boards are important for our sanity because it seems once you are a witness, you have a unique view of things for the rest of your life. kinda skewed.
    do any of you still have problems with thinking of yourself as you and them? like your still a witness and everyone else is worldly? the other day it just hit me, I'm worldly! I don't feel any different, I dont' want a classification, how do you find a way of looking at the world without the witness shield over it???

Get your head out of your butt.

• Gopher
    Gopher

To answer the question above, PLNet is an acronym for "Pure Language Network", a closely-monitored site only for Jehovah's Witnesses. If they sniff out anything resembling a disagreement, you're history!

I too had been a life-long JW, up until age of 39. So your question hits home with me, "how do you look at the world without the witness shield over it?" The only answer is from the movie "What About Bob" with Bill Murray, and it's "baby steps"...Take one person at a time, one situation at a time, and conquer it. Deal with it "normally", even if you have to go through some ex-JW mental gyrations to do so. The JW eventually starts to fade away. Will it ever entirely go away? Many people say no. All I know is, it feels better to deal with people and with situations on their own terms, rather than according to the judgemental/theocratic/JW way of looking down on the rest of the world.

Wishing you peace. And don't take my tagline too seriously.

-J.R.

The preceding post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    The opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit