Jehovah's Christian Witnesses

by LoisLane looking for Superman 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

"planned JW kill event"

huh?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Possibly something might change from the WTS. starting in 2014 and further on, as they try and distance themselves from 100

years of failed prophecies. New Light can come in many variations, such as changing the name of the Watchtower and Awake magazines,

they did this once before you'll remember. There is a underlining marketing strategy operating within the WTS. publishing house,

whether one is intellectual aware of this or not.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Since Christ's promise is applicable to so very few within the JW congregation, I'm kinda thinking the name Jehovah"ists" would be most appropriate. They can practice Jehovah"ism".

The Aid to Bible Understanding tells everyone who actually reads it that the term "Jehovah" was a name that was made up by a Roman Catholic monk in 1270 AD. That would make it man-made. It would only be fitting that a man-made organization would leverage the use of a man-made name. Oh wait... that would make it harder to deceive the unwashed masses who have some familiarity with the New Testament's promises to Christians... nevermind.

The insertion of the word "Christian" would clearly serve the corporation's goal of acquiring more intangible assets... I mean... "believers." Having more "believers" has the potential to lead to higher revenues.... unless folks stop believing in the product.

Lois, as an outsider who has only gotten a 1 year internet driven education of what this organization has done to people's lives, my stomach churns just thinking about what may be in the works to maintain current and obtain more intangible assets - I mean, "believers." Sorry.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    They will release "new light" before the planned JW kill event,

The Cuckoo is out of his Clock Again..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Jehovah's Christian Witnesses, sure.

You could put a sign on Anthony Morris III's desk that says "Respected Bible Scholar" but that does not make it so.

Anthony Morris III Watchtower Jehovah's Witness governing body

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS once used this phrase frequently. They started using it frequently in the mid 60's but by 1984 with one last mention in the WT and a couple in 1986 publications, the phrase was dropped. The WTS even directed congregations not to put that phrase on the KH sign.

*** km 4/79 p. 4 Announcements ***Is it appropriate to have a Kingdom Hall sign saying: “Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Christian Witnesses”? So there will be uniformity, the Society encourages all to make their signs read: “Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

They now have a corporation called "Christian Witnesses of Jehovah" which may circumvent the problem of another group having it as a "trademark."

*** w03 12/15 p. 21 par. 9 Prove Yourself Ready for Jehovah’s Day ***The outer garments mentioned here refer to what identifies us as Christian Witnesses of Jehovah. This includes our work as Kingdom proclaimers and our Christian conduct. If we slide into sleeplike inactivity, we may be stripped of our Christian identity.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum, Lois.

I enjoyed your opening post. I don't know what their next "new light" will be, but I'm thinking it will be something again with the generations..........after all, no one can understand the "current light" on that one.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Agreed. Maybe a new greater scale fulfillment of the generation and Revelation. 1914 was correct we live in the spiritual paradise now, but soon Arm...

same bulls**t x2 ...

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Is this the official name in the UK?

THE EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION OF

JEHOVAH’S CHRISTIAN WITNESSES

See link with letterhead:

http://lib.ohchr.org/HRBodies/UPR/Documents/Session7/EG/EAJCW_UPR_EGY_S07_2010_TheEuropeanAssociationofJehovahsChristianWitnesses.pdf

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

another one...from jw-media.org

contact info at bottom of press release:

Media Contacts:
    J. R. Brown, tel. +1 718 560 5600
    Ukraine: Religious Center of Jehovah’s Witnesses, tel. +38 032 240 9315
    Belgium: European Association of Jehovah’s Christian Witnesses, tel. +32 2 782 0015
    Britain: European Association of Jehovah’s Christian Witnesses, tel. +44 208 906 2211

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit