Breaking News: Neil Armstrong Died Today

by NewChapter 39 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

Prognoser.

What a stupid post.

I suppose you belive Alvis and Michael jackson are still alive!!!!!!!!!!!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Heh, I was a little tike of 6 on that day, and remember my older brother (a science geek) MAKING ME watch it on TV.... He had a better sense of historic events than I (I probably wanted to watch cartoons), so I'm glad he did... :)

Never let an event such as Armstrong's death pass without attempts to politicize it , like Prog and Fox News Analyst Monica Crowley tried to do:

http://gawker.com/5937942/fox-news-analyst-reminds-us-what-neil-armstrongs-death-is-really-about-obama-spreading-islam

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It was an amazing time. Armstrong and NASA controllers were very excited to land on the moon.

Moon Landing excitement

• Kaiser
    Kaiser

Great man RIP

But he was not so great if compared to Yuri Gagarin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD1loPlucDk

• james_woods
    james_woods
    But he was not so great if compared to Yuri Gagarin

What in the hell was the purpose of that stupid comment?

• Kaiser
    Kaiser

"What in the hell was the purpose of that stupid comment?"

Sorry if i offended anyone, it´s just that death of Armstrong made me again watch documents of first and greatest space traveller ever

Peace.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Has anyone got any idea what the bizarre Romney tribute means?

Maybe it's a Mormon thing.

“The moon will miss its first son of earth.”
  • MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I love learning about space and all of the neat stuff that is out there. It is amazing how far we have come in such a short time. Who knows where we will be in 50/100/200 years? I imagine we will soon talk about Neil Armstrong the way we talk about Christopher Columbus. R.I.P.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Just some symbolized tribute to the first man to step out on the moon. It would not have been my choice of words.

Sorry if i offended anyone, it´s just that death of Armstrong made me again watch documents of first and greatest space traveller ever

Now that was bizarre, if it is bizarre that you are looking for.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon
    “The moon will miss its first son of earth.”

What does that even MEAN?!?! For one, the Moon is not alive. For two, Armstrong didn't do the Moon any favors by walking on it and sticking a U.S. flag in it, unless you can make a case for him serving as the Moon's "ambassador"? Did Armstrong call for humans to not exploit or destroy it's natural beauty, or to set it aside for future generations of man (like Muir did for places like Yosemite, calling for the establishment of National Parks)?

AFAIK, Neil Armstrong served as a role model to HUMANS to pursue their dreams, to reach for the stars, as an example of bravery, but he didn't do anything for the Moon?

I've got a feeling we're in for a WHOLE lot more of that kind of Maroni-inspired Romneyisms, that will make Bushisms (like "the decider") seem quaint....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit