"Reddit Atheism"

by botchtowersociety 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Dang Beks that's sounds so good.

It was flipping amazing.

There was some of the balsamic fig stuff left over the next day, so I put a dollop on toasted baguette slices and topped it with goat cheese. Also amazing. With a swell Pinot Noire.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Oh look I have a new fan

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You had me til you got to the wine...darn it

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Ok Ok, sparkling water? Cranberry juice?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Come now. I was responding to the subject of the original article, and if you feel the subject of th founder (Kent Hovind) of the Creation Museum does not explain why atheists MIGHT have reacted so strongly, then you don't know the history of the encounters. Kent Hovind (and his son, Eric) are no strangers to anyone who knows anything about the long-standing 'creation vs evolution' debate.
    So whether you or the author understands it or not, he stepped into the middle of a mine-field....

I asked a simple question, and it was not about the Kent Hovind creationist crazies. If I wanted to discuss those crazies, I would have started a thread asking "Are there really people like this?" or something along those lines.

But I didn't, did I?

My question was about a certain type of atheist described in the piece. You don't want to talk about it. You want to talk about crazies of a different flavor. There are plenty of threads about those. This isn't one of them.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I know who Prognoser reminds me of. The love child of Farkel and Freydo.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ok cool, not slamming wine. I just can't drink the stuff.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Now you've got it!!

Oh look. Beks is now a parrot on someone's shoulder.

Lulz.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Funny the only place I ever come across this kind of atheist is in an opinion piece of just this sort. I'd love to meet one in person. All I ever seem to find are those quiet ones that have learned to suss out like minded ones among all the loud mouthed overbearing xtians.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Oh look. Beks is now a parrot on someone's shoulder.

I thought about directing him to some enlightening posts by Burn the Ships, but didn't care enough to waste the time. "Now you've got it" just seemed more to the point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit