Unexpected conversation with a long time JW friend (in good standing)

by OneDayillBeFree 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• clarity
    clarity

Oneday...

Fabulous experience!

>

The watchtower says that to be strong in the troof ...

>

'we' need to be at all the meetings! Don't miss the meetings!!

>

They are right! 'Cause as soon as you stop going ..........viola

>

That bull sh$t stops and then you WAKE UP!

clarity

• maisha
    maisha

I was recently talkng to a missionary in africa. They are heading home,, tired,,, fatigued, expended...

lol

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

How awesome!!!

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

That's FANTASTIC One Day. Thanks so much for sharing that experience. It gives those of us with family still in hope that they too will see the futility of it all.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Amazing at how many are becoming disillusioned! And tired.

ODIBF-Just be careful- play your hand close to the vest, as you continue your slow fade. Jw's are tricky with their spiritual warfare.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    ...they didn't need to do it any more and they just wanted to "get along with the rest of their lives." Shortly afterward , they moved away & I've never seen them since.

I saw this happen over the years when I was active. And when we decided to get on with our own lives, we modeled our exit after some of the refugees we'd seen take a hike.

Suggest you think of some subtle way to get some information into his hands; find someone you can trust and provide the guy's email and send him a few good links. Or mail him a copy of C of C anonymously. It will do him good to know there are lots of others like him out there. That's what impressed me when I first discovered this forum.

But be selective. There's some off-putting whack-job stuff on this site these days so don't send him the forum addy just yet, but send him some carefully selected samples.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OneDayI'llBeFree:

Your friend is lucky to have somebody like you around. Twelve years ago I felt like a lost soul with absolutely nobody to confide in about my serious doubts concerning the JW religion. Luckily for me I found several sites on the internet including this one and I felt a relief of a ton of bricks lifted off my shoulders when I saw all the people who felt exactly as I did.

It was so cathartic to be able to talk about my bad experience in this religion. All these ex-JW sites are truly a godsend to all the unhappy JWs who feel trapped in the religion and know desperately that something is wrong.

As another poster suggested: Be careful and clever with what you say to doubting JWs. They can always go back and "rat you out" and the "thought police" might come knocking at your door. Be very unavailable if this should happen!

• steve2
    steve2

It's hard to be suffering in a cold and wet lifeboat when the mother ship remains afloat, with no signs of imminent sinking and with food and warmth aplenty onboard.

Your friend wants out of the mis-named lifeboat. How neat that your friend trusted you enough to open up to you. Be there but don't be seen as too eager to help them out. He wouldn't be the first one to talk about fading and then after a night's cold feet, goes headlong back to the cold and wet "lifeboat"

• flipper
    flipper

ONEDAYILLBEFREE- Good experience ! That is great that you told him you'll always be there for him as a friend. Most JW's never offer that to other inactive , exiting JW's. One reason so many do NOT stop - because they'll have no support system. Thanks for sharing that with us. Good job on your part

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You did that perfectly! While encouraging him to fade, you avoided any hint of apostasy. So if he changes his mind about disappearing or goes back after doing so, he can't rat you out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit