The WT likes to point out faults of Papacy

by bobld 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovah`s Witnesses are very dishonest when it comes to talking about the Pope and infallabillity of his statements . Not everything the Pope says does he claim to be infallible as the watchtower likes to infer, it is only what is recorded as a Papal Bul , and their are relatively few of them . ( maybe some catholics can enlighten us further )

However in contrast the" Watchtower / Jehovahs" witnesses have made a thousand statements they claim were inspired by God in their short 130 years existence and none of their utterances have come true .

smiddy

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

There are many different Christian religions, and the vast majority of them don’t make a point of antagonizing the other ones. They just go about their own business.

• cedars
    cedars

I believe one of the worst examples of this hypocritical fault-finding campaign against the Catholic Church can be found in my article on racism in the link below...

http://insidethewatchtower.com/history/a-brief-history-of-racism-in-watchtower-publications/

To put it simply, a 1982 Awake! article attacked Pope Pius IX for saying in 1873 that Ethiopians were the product of "Ham's curse", when the SAME magazine (under the title Golden Age) had actually made similar statements as recently as 1929!!

If there is a more blatant example of hypocrisy on the part of the organization, I would love to hear it.

Cedars

• Fernando
    Fernando

Some time ago every time I typed the WBTS "council of Popes" it came out as "council of Poeps".

("Poep" is the Dutch word for "excrement" or "winds")

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

we are continuously reminded at our meetings to PRAY for our popes/gb.

• smiddy
  • Prognoser
    Prognoser

Is there a growing sense of sympathy for Catholicism among Jdubs that anyone is noticing?

• hijosdelawatch
    hijosdelawatch

Here in Southern Europe, one of the forces behind JW success was anti-Catholicism. There are no big Protestestant churches, Catholics used to be intolerants and the Government official religion. In Portugal, Spain & Italy Catholicism is "The Church", the only one big Church as that name suggest.

So, in the 60s and 70s in Italy and in the 80s in Spain and Portugal, a lot of people became JWs as that was a new approach to Christianism, mainly in urban areas and developed regions.

In every talk, brothers remembered the atrocities of "The Chuch" from supporting fascists regimes to Inquisition. One of the main points was Papal infallibility.

Well, actually JWs have in our days what we could call "the Seven Popes". Seven men are leading the Organization having total control of their members. They are spiritual dictators and they have more power in JWs lives than the Pope has on Catholics. That's the irony.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit