Jehovah's Witnesses, Hells Angels, Serial Killers, Dissociative Identity Disorder and a 14-year-old Run-Away

by AndersonsInfo 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

http://www.equities.com/news/news-headline-story?dt=2012-08-21&val=399912&d=1&cat=headline

Jehovah's Witnesses, Hells Angels, Serial Killers, Dissociative Identity Disorder and a 14-year-old Run-Away

PR Web

Victoria, BC (PRWEB) August 21, 2012

Adele R. Fors is a 4th-generation Jehovah's Witness and the ex-communicated daughter/grand-daughter of two of the most revered church leaders within the secretive Jehovah's Witness sect today.

ADELE, ET AL.: Jehovah's Witnesses, Hells Angels, Serial Killers, Dissociative Identity Disorder and a 14-year-old Run-Away is the author's response to the crippling experience she says began with the Jehovah's Witnesses in 1983 and continues to this day.

The victim of a sexual assault by a complete stranger at the age of 13, she writes that she was disfellowshipped the following year for having a defiant attitude and ostracized from her entire family system--though she was not a baptized member. Her young life quickly fell into wide-spread disarray and dysfunction as depression and mental illness, addiction and abusive relationships became her tragic way of life.

Three decades later, she is diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder (a severe and persistent psychiatric disorder) while facing her second divorce and second bankruptcy. A workplace assault in 2009 sets the stage for a long, debilitating fight for compensation and rights until, finally, she receives official designation as a Person with a Disability. Since that time, she has struggled daily to regain her grasp on life and to complete her memoir, a story she will fight to tell.

With alarming detail, Adele R. Fors reveals the complex internal architecture of this well-known religious movement that allows for the systematic control and regulation of devotees, including her own family members.

Through her own devastating experience, Adele R. Fors hopes to bring clarity, awareness and understanding to the unfolding crisis of trust being experienced by the world-wide association of Jehovah's Witnesses as they face their first defeat in a court of law for failure to adequately protect a child sex abuse victim from continued attacks at the hands of her abuser, a sex offender-known to congregation elders and a member in good-standing within the North Fremont, California, USA congregation between 1995/96 (see Superior Court of California, County of Alameda, USA, Jury Verdict: HG115588324, Date: 06/13/2012).

A website in support of this book and the work of the author is now LIVE. You are invited to visit http://www.adelefors.com for an unforgettable experience.

ADELE, ET AL. is available today at SMASHWORDS.COM

Also available from these retailers: Barnes and Noble, itunes, Amazon, KOBO

FOR MEDIA CONTACT: Adele R. Fors Victoria, BC Canada Msg Only: 250-588-0390 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting FREE 250-588-0390 end_of_the_skype_highlighting Email: adelerubyfors(at)gmail(dot)com Website: http://www.adelefors.com

Please contact the writer for a complimentary review copy.

Adele R. Fors welcomes the opportunity to discuss her new memoir, Adele, et al. and to talk about her experiences inside and outside of the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

# # #

Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/8/prweb9766864.htm

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yep, this cult fucks up people's lives. If you don't fit the JW template, you won't be accepted, you will find your social and family networks are lost overnight, you will gravitate to anyone who shows interest in you.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Start reading Adele, et al. on your Kindle in under a minute. Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here.

Deliver to your Kindle or other device

How buying works Available on your PC
    </form>
    </form>

Try it free

Sample the beginning of this book for free

Deliver to your Kindle or other device

How sampling works Available on your PC
    </form>
    Read books on your computer or other mobile devices with our FREEKindle Reading Apps.
    Adele, et al.
    Share your own customer images

Adele, et al. [Kindle Edition]

Adele Fors Adele Fors (Author) Visit Amazon's Adele Fors Page Find all the books, read about the author, and more. See search results for this author Are you an author? Learn about Author Central (Author) Be the first to review this item | Like 1345596319 false -1 0 0 0 ( 0 )

Digital List Price:$4.99 What's this?
    Kindle Price:$4.99 includes free wireless delivery via Amazon Whispernet

Book Description

Publication Date: June 15, 2012 In 1968 I was born into a closed Jehovah's Witness clan.
    In 1983 I was ex-communicated, shunned and prohibited from contacting my family members.
    I was 14 years old.
    I fled my home and disappeared into a chaotic life on the violent streets of Vancouver, Canada.
    In 2009 I was twice-divorced, twice-bankrupt, unemployed and diagnosed with two separate psychiatric disorders.
    In 2012 I found the courage to tell my story and begin sharing it with the world.

Adele, et al. is the unthinkable memoir by Adele R. Fors which chronicles the disturbing experiences of a 14-year-old girl following her formal ex-communication from the Jehovah's Witness religious organization and, tragically, own family in 1983. Today, nearly 30 years later, she fights to bring understanding to her own fragmented life. Show More Show Less

Product Details

• cedars
    cedars

It's shocking how the effects of shunning can be so devastating. This girl wasn't even baptized, and yet her close relatives felt compelled to shun her at such a young age, which had such far-reaching negative consequences on her development. I'm glad that stories like Adele's are being told. Hopefully it all serves to get the message across and raise awareness of just how damaging cults can be.

Cedars

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Wow!

The family unit is the cradle of society. Shunning leaves someone without an emotional or actual net. A few can shrug such a loss off, but most end up devastated and some like Adele realie the havoc shunning did to them. So sad, but glad she seems to be climbing out.

Skeeter

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I have received a pdf copy of Adele's story and am anxious to read it this evening. Later this week, I'll post a short review for those who are interested.

Barbara

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for posting this Barbara. This story can be, and has been repeated in thousands of different ex-JWs with dissociative disorder. Truly sad. At least this woman has climbed her way out and I'm sure it's healing and therapeutic for her to write of her experiences. Millions of more JWs who are still in the cult suffer from dissociative disorder and don't even realize it - it's one reason they can dissociate from their true authentic emotions and shun those of us who are ex-Witnesses. It's as if they are zombies aka robots with no real human emotions whatsoever. The WT society has reprogrammed their brains and thus reprogrammed their values and emotions as well. Pretty sick

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

It is written anonymously and the author never says who are "two of the most revered church leaders within the secretive Jehovah's Witness sect today" she is related to. Apparently that's a hook to buy the book. But it never says who.

If this book is the real deal I'd say the gal suffered horribly at the hands of Watchtower's influence among Jehovah's Witnesses, which influence tends to be profound.

Marvin Shilmer

• Scott77
    Scott77

Iam not suprised about this book's revealation except that the victim was not a jehovah's Witnesses. All we have said over and over again how psychologically destructive Jehovah's Witnesses cult religion is! Several themes such as human control, sexual abuse and cover-up, anti-women bias, sucide, marital unhappiness, shunning, family breakup, manipulation etc are common. I cannot wait to order a kindle edition.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit