JW's are the slowest walkers in the world

by Unclepenn1 31 Replies latest jw friends

• 2SYN
    2SYN

During my last few weeks as a Witness, and the last few times I actually went on FS, whenever an Elder was my partner in FS they would ask all these damn probing questions, 'how is school', 'you haven't been on the Internet have you' etc etc. Lots of hidden warnings etc. I think they were onto my 'immoral' behaviour long before I left.

Not that I could possibly care even the slightest bit!!!!

But it did suck generally.

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• Alfred
    Alfred

This was posted 9 years ago! And I'm willing to bet that JWs are walking even slower today than back then... I noticed this last Saturday while running some errands... a group of 3 pairs of depressed-looking JWs walking slighly faster than a turtle... It was unbelievable and sad...

I guess the so-called "life saving message" really isn't that urgent after all...

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I too noticed jws out on fs a couple of days back, group of them standing on a corner near home, I came back about 20 min later & they were still there, so yeah their walking pace has slowed up abit LOL

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Our big trick was to space the calls in opposite corners of the territory. We could milk a few calls into hours. We had a huge split territory with plenty of Los Angeles traffic.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

I think this comes from every JW's progressive realization that it's really all about reporting time. I've seen it over and over... Full speed ahead just after baptism and, after less than a year, they'll slowed down... all the way down to the "Pioneer Pace" (.0001914 kph)

• finallysomepride
  • hoser
    hoser

It is all a numbers game. It's not about saving people it's about finding loopholes to count as much time as possible. If you want a bigger number on your time slip just write one down. It is about the same level of dishonesty as driving around all morning purposely wasting time.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    Ahhh, the “Pioneer Shuffle” as we use to call it!

ThiChi ...

Yes, the Pioneer Shuffle.

It actually came to be when Michael Jackson was a Witness. The Pioneer Shuffle is really just a variation of Michael's Moonwalk. While Michael's Moonwalk gave the illusion of walking forward but physically moving backwards, the Pioneer Shuffle gives the illusion of walking forward but in reality you stay in the same spot.

Some Pioneers have commented that it is truly a loving provision since the Pioneer Shuffle is much easier than the Moonwalk, especially for older ones. There is less strain on the leg mussles.

Rub a Dub

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

So how slow are dubs in 2014? How much territory is covered compared to 20 years ago?

• bemused
    bemused

Perhaps the magazine racks are just a natural evolution. JWs have slowed down so much when preaching that they are effectively stationary so why not capitalize on that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit