America Will Execute Brit Today.

by Englishman 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hi Thi:

You may find this link interesting for it's historical value: http://www.amnesty.org.uk/action/camp/dp/intro/uk.html

Note how UK condemned prisoners were always dispatched within weeks of the guilty verdict.

Englishman

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO

Thichi

It becomes unacceptable if hundreds of violent criminals and murderers are to avoid the death penalty in order for no innocent person to accidentally be executed.
    well, disagree with that. It's not unacceptable to me if the bad guys are locked up for good.

It would mean that we for ever are forced to abandon justice for such criminals.
    justice isn't some universal absolute. Its a subjective and arbitrary term. What I consider justice is not what you would consider justice. For example, I consider a just system to be a system that prizes innocence, and as a consquence does away with the DP. I consider a life behind bars to be a just penalty for murder...and a very unpleasant penalty at that. You consider the DP to be a just penalty for murder. Still others might consider that justice should be that the murderer suffer exactly what he did to his victim...in all it's horror.

And thinking of the victims it would also be to sacrifice the respect, the compassion and the inviolable worth of the human life on the altar.
    rubbish. thats hardly the experience here in my country, Australia.

No These sacrifices would pass the limit of tolerability with big steps.
    which is your opinion based on nothing more than emotion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit