just an observation....

by troucul 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• flower
    flower

I can relate to what you are saying but I dont think it has anything to do with not being in an organized religion. I agree with whoever said that its because you are looking for these things online. I recently came to a similar realization myself. I tried to use this community of people to replace what was missing in my life when I left the org and for all intents and purposes lost my family. I just felt really comfortable and at home here because it was amazing to me that so many people here UNDERSTOOD what my life was like. That understanding just made me feel so close to so many people here that it started to become like a 'home'.

But we both have to realize that its not a home. Its the internet and with the internet there will always be scammer, pretenders, trolls, hurtful people, wierdos, psychos, and sickos mixed in among the good people. Its impossible to use the internet as a lifeline and not get hurt. I've had it happen too many times to think otherwise.

This place and other online communities are great for occasional support, information, and fun but you HAVE to also have a real life outside of the computer. This place has helped me a lot in becoming a more normal 'wordly' (haha) person so now I'm hoping I can take what I have learned and make some 'real life' relationships and have a 'real life' social life and eventually even family. There is a lot less chance of getting hurt when you are talking to people face to face.

I also hope that some of the friendships I've made here do carry over to real life as well. There are some awesome people here as well but they dont stand out as much as the hurtful ones unfortunately. We really should acknowldege them more often.

just my 2 cent.

flower
    ps. now that i know what your handle means i wont be calling you by it! lol

• troucul
    troucul

flower and grave, we seem to be on the same wavelength. I enjoyed your responses and will take them to heart. As for the other responses regarding my username, I didn't chose it because I like to stir up shit, I leave that responsibility to FredHall and TR...hehe...god bless you two...anywho thanks again

i'm lookin high, i'm lookin low
    i wanna know, therefore i go
    your number is one your number is one

henry rollins

• Simon
    Simon

I think you're right troucul and it's an interesting observation.

We're not always as welcoming and forgiving as perhaps we should be or could be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit