What Should People Know About Jehovah's Witnesses

by expatbrit 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Will Power
    Will Power

Yes, theocratic war stategy. I agree this is the worst.

It is what backs up every other gripe I have about this org.
    Lie to protect the WT society, which includes lying to yourself everytime a doubt sneaks up.

I've heard, "they can't lie, it's against their religion...they just don't lie!, they can be trusted with anything...."
    Then when confronted with the obvious they deem you not worthy of the truth. Actually I feel this is a compliment since their version of what the truth is, is not something I'd want to be worthy of, I respect myself enough to feel I am above this sort of truth.

The word is pure doublespeak.

• zev
    zev

when i talk to my co-workers, i just explain how my sister was molested by one of them, a little about dateline and silentlambs, and my own experience dealing with the so called "christian wife" and the mental, and emotional abuse i tolerated, and was subjected to.

usually, this line takes the cake....

"when she said to me: if you leave the truth, the marriage is over"

people shake their heads and HAVE to wonder exactly what kind of cult the jw's are.

it boggles the mind.

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• Scully
    Scully

Dana:

Interestingly, my friends have predictably been shocked and horrified at the pedophile/blood issues, but the shunning seems to have a more immediate effect on them. Not sure why.

Did I help? What do I win??

You win FREE maintenance on your light sabre for the next year!!

Love, Scully

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Scully,

Do I get to pick who performs the 'maintenance'?

Dana

• Scully
    Scully

Dana:

Who did you have in mind??

Love, Scully

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

<---whispers a name in Scully's ear...good choice hey?

Dana

• heathen
    heathen

Interestin post.I have heard of plenty misconceptions about the cult .#1 on my list would have to be the nuetral stance on politics #2 you can no longer associate with people of other cults #3 sex before marriage is totally out of the quetion #4 the total and complete restriction of free thought on religious beliefs(you can only accept the societies point of view as being the only channel of accurate knowledge on the scriptures)#5 the belief of the total destruction of the world we now live in(the dates can change due to new light from the society).#6 are not allowed to celibrate holidays or birthdays #7 the blood issue #8 the meeting attendance policy(required to sit through 6 hours a week minimum of bible study)plus prepare for said meetings through alot more studying #9 be prepared for criticism on such things as appearance,attitude and wheather your car looks clean enough to park in their lot . Of course I could go on but will probly lose my audiences attention

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

I've tried talking to other people about the JW faith. You know what I found out? Nobody cares. Not about doctrinal stuff, not the shunning, blood issues, not even the molestation issues. On the molestation issue the biggest response I get is "Oh they're covering up molestation? I thought all cults do that sort of thing, at least it's not some sort of ritual molestation that's endorsed from the pulpit. On the blood thing, "All these cults have peculiar beliefs, look at the Christian Scientist."

Bottom line?

Nobody Cares

Anton

• Scully
    Scully

Dana:<---whispers a name in Scully's ear...good choice hey?

Excellent choice!! you can pick anyone ya want sis!! just watch where you point that light sabre thingy!! <Scully keeps butt safely against the wall>

http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/ls/sabres.htm

LIGHTSABRES are dangerous weapons. Be sure to keep away from children and animals. DO NOT operate lightsabres indoors. Discussions in this page are purely for intellectual interest. This page is NOT intended as a training manual nor as any form of exercise regeime. DO NOT engage in any of the techniques described here with a lightsabre, or any other implement such as a stick or similar. The author takes NO responsibility for injuries or damage resulting from ANY actions based upon the techniques discussed herein. If you are interested in learning the Japanese sword arts of KENDO or IAIDO, you should seek out a fully accredited and qualified instructor, or sensei, and apply to his/her dojo.
    Love, Scully (back-against-the-wall-class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit