"Your bad attitude is evident, because you don't bring a meeting bag to the meetings anymore!"

by stuckinarut2 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

This reminds me the thread about highlighters. I recall one forum member said the elders in their hall forbid blue highlighters.

You'd think they'd be happy you were there and (at least pretended to be) prepared.

Must've reminded them of Satanic Smurfs or something else so sinister.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That's about the silliest example of nit picking I have ever heard. Next meeting bring a fluorescent pink book bag.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Next time make a dramatic entry like this:

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I would have said, I see you brought yours and there she sit.

Ok that is not nice.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Awesome replies everyone!!!

Yes, the "pharasaical" attitudes here blow my mind!

Still, its things like this that help my wife to have WTF? moments!

• Alive!
    Alive!

Stuckintherut2 - You know, when I was full in, totally head over heals in love with everything with all things to do with JW and someone had told me this experience, I would grimly have to acknowledge that such madness from elders, DOs and COs or anyone within the organisation is common.

I clearly remember a certain CO who was visiting with his lovely wife.

(By the way, perhaps some of you remember when there was all the kuffufle about foreign language slips. It appeared that many naughty, bible-study, return call desperate witnesses were holding onto their calls, and not passing them on to the appropriate language groups -and many of these witness folk genuinely felt a sincere connection, their prayers were to help these people in our territory)

This CO - stood on his tippy toes and then rocked backwards and forward on his heels as he boomed ( for effect) "It is STEALING" - quoting Paul and the Macedonia incident from Acts.

As I looked around at the tired, anxious faces of those who I knew would be struck in their heart by this because of their WT trained conscience, whilst also knowing their dire personal circumstances - I thought.. " you bastard" and immediately experienced my own agony as I repented for thinking such a bad thought in a meeting overseen by Jehovah.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh dear 'Alive'!

I knew of a power hungry CO that did the same sort of thing!!

Was the one you speak of in Australia perhaps???

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

A real case of tempest in a teacup!

"Your bad attitude is evident because you don't bring your meeting bag anymore!"

You, with a dramatic shocked look:

"Bad attitude brother???!!!The brothers in Brooklyn are working so hard to make these publications available for us in digital format. I sincerely thought that Jehovah will approve of my making full use of them."

• Alive!
    Alive!

@stuckinarut2 - in answer to your question - NO.

Am letting that sink in - you heard a similar talk in a different country.

It trickled down from the top. Shaking my head some more.

Wow.

• mana11
    mana11

It is all about control.

He is not interested in your spiritual welfare

He IS interested to CONTROL YOU!. To make you submit to HIS WILL.

typical elder power trip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit