"Your bad attitude is evident, because you don't bring a meeting bag to the meetings anymore!"

by stuckinarut2 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes friends.....this is the comment said to me by an elder!

"Your bad attitude is evident because you don't bring your meeting bag anymore!"

I calmly replied: "but everything I need is on the tablet now......"

He just said the comment again and walked off.....

So I guess that proves it? Outward appearances mean everything in the org. If you want to appear "spiritual and righteous" then carry in a big bag with all books, and the Reference Bible, Insight Books etc!?!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Stuck: calmly replied: "but everything I need is on the tablet now......"

Priceless.

Tell him, "But Brother Elderly Elder, don't you know? Book bags are so, ... 20th Century!"

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Not the exact words, and not aimed at me, but I heard an elder once ranting about publishers who came to the meetings without bags / briefcases, just holding the bible, songbook and magazine in their hands. It was "disrespectful to Jehovah" and a "negative witnessing" to observers. It's all just about impressions.

Eden

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda
    No, no, no. You should say: "Bookbags belong to Group 1 of the overlapping generations. Group 2, of which I am, are their contemporaries, some of whom live to see all things transferred to digital while the previous group of old farts die off in their own bad attitudes."
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I hated Ministry Book Bags.I hated coming out of my home with the book bags looking like I was going to aseminar. So,I starting going to the Ministry School and Sunday Bible meetings holding only the required books for that day in my hand.

For the Sunday meetings,I would just carry the song book,bible and watchtower magazine in my hand. NO BOOK BAG! For the ministry school,I would just carry just what necessary for the evening. NOTHING MORE! Carried the books in my hand.

Well,one day two Elders came to my home for a visit to see why I was missing some meetings and why I didn't carry a Ministry Book Bag to the meetings. I told them that since there wasn't that many books to carry for the meetings, I preferred holding them in my hands. They told me that all baptized Jehovah's Witness brothers carried book bags.I would need follow everyone's example. TALK ABOUT HUMAN MAN MADE RULES!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Geez, you think they'd be glad that you even show up!

Actually, Stuck's post brings up an important aspect of codependent relationships in general and this cult in particular: No matter what you do, it's never enough.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

So put your tablet inside a meeting bag.

Here's one that should be big enough.

File:Travel-suitcase (1).png

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I was once criticized because my field service book bag was not heavy enough (i.e. not enough books). I guess both of us did not realize we are (or were) in a sales organization.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I was once criticized by the Circuit Overseer for having a case that was too big out in field service. I used to have a wide variety of literature that I could place with different kinds of householders.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    So by this rule of reasoning, I guess that the elder at bethel who uses his small phone for everything, including giving talks, must be "unspiritual"!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit