Not a bad little hangout!

by Yadirf 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

I was looking at a magazine while waiting for my son to come out from seeing his doctor a couple of weeks ago, and it had an article in it about Dick Cheney. (I think it was a magazine named Architecture.) It showed pictures of the home Cheney is favored with living in during his tenure as Vice President of the United States. I found this particular photo of the mansion on the Internet.

As I considered the pictures in the magazine I thought of the scripture (Luke 22:25) where Jesus reminded his disciples: "The Kings of the nations lord it over them...."

The house has three-stories, with 9,150 square feet of floor space. It's got 12 rooms, and 6 bathrooms. It was in 1974 that Congress designated the house to be where the Vice President would live. Since then Vice Presidents Mondale, Bush, Quayle, and now Cheney have lived there.

Not a bad little hangout, eh?

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

It kinda looks like Beth Sarim.

• detective
    detective

Here I was thinking the V.P. lived in a trailer 'round back of the white house. Go figure!

Not a bad job perk. Maybe I'll send a resume...

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LOL @ Mister Biggs, that shut him up, until he finds another post to babble on about.

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• Danielson
    Danielson

Yadirf, I have to agree with you on this one (SHOCK)Men are subservient to men to an irrational degree just as Jesus said. Thanks for the picture and the info! Mr. Biggs, what about the pope's villa in Italy?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Actually this is a step down for Cheney...he's made millions in the private sector and lived in a better place than this.

• Simon
    Simon

Y'mean they don't all live in the Whitehouse ?

It does look nice ... where would one get a job application form and would being a US citizen help ?

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Simon sez,

Y'mean they don't all live in the Whitehouse ?

The White House has ONLY 132 rooms and 20 bathrooms, Simon! Where would they ever put him in a house that small?
  • Solace
    Solace

Yadirf:
    When the occupants are killed in armageddon, you can live in that house happily ever after.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Reborn2002

(Yadirf snickering at that screen name.)

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization
    Apparently you think that the "organization" of Jehovah's Witnesses claims to be the Kingdom of God. How is that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit