There's a pattern emerging

by stillin 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    individual families (probably not ones with an elder or MS in them, as they do what they are told) should simply go to the closest Assembly Hall when it is convenient and to Hell with their further away one. And they should offer no higher monthly amount to WTS for their troubles.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Stillin, dumb question, do you know if the Assembly Halls were sold?
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    “And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them." - Luke 11:46 New International Version
  • stillin
    stillin
    Village Idiot39 minutes ago
    "Stillin, dumb question, do you know if the Assembly Halls were sold?"

VI, not a dumb question at all. No! Somebody is using those Assembly halls, but it isn't us who helped pay for them!

Oubliette, YES, I'm being sarcastic! I haven't contributed for several years now. Nor do I go to the Assembly Hall where we are assigned. At least my wife and I agree on that.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

stillin,

"Somebody is using those Assembly halls, but it isn't us who helped pay for them!"

Who is this "somebody"? Is it being rented out to the public?

• stillin
    stillin
    No, it's other congregations. Very likely some which are closer to it. But my point is that the cong. That I associate with keeps getting milked but the Halls keep getting further away. There will never be an end to the pledging.
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Why are u pledging for an ass hall? I thought that's why we have the new contribution arrangement to pay for all new halls everywhere.
  • stillin
    stillin

Well, this could be, now what. Our congregation was just recently assigned to a new circuit that has an assembly hall in the works. I am awaiting the hands-up pledge thing any day but you may be right about the new financing arrangement.

Smoke and mirrors!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The whole concept of congs voting to approve such expenditure is a scam!

NO ONE can ever DISAGREE with the resoloution!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Be thankful that they used the money to build the assembly hall in the first place. There have been cases (one was in Mexico) where the all clear was given for an assembly hall. Then some years later after donating tirelessly, the local elders got suspicious and questioned the GB about their intentions to build. The reply they got was thanks for the donations but we are not proceeding with it any more and there you have it. I thought it was pretty ballsy of the elders to have sent that letter in the 1st place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit