Can you list watchtower articles that claim anything from the 'faithful slave' should be taken as from jehovah himself?

by EndofMysteries 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

The problem is not their failed predictions but that they keep claiming that they are guided by God and demand obedience from their followers.

They also blatantly lie about their false predictions. It's no wonder they warn their members not to read anything that contradicts the GB.

This was a great thread.

W.H. Conley

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

on black sheep's post of the 1943 WT, I like how rutherford tells everyone that the Lord himself said that special pioneers must do 175 hours a month and that just normal 'company publishers' must do 60 hours a month, and that since the lord said that, there should be no controversy at all.

Yup, the GB love to say that what they say should be taken as from Jehovah himself, but if it's wrong, it's everyone elses fault for having expectations from imperfect men.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

marking

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

that 1943 article posted by Black sheep is shocking! I put little past Rutherford but that article is as Jim Jones as it gets

I cannot believe the audacity of that mad man and the gullibility of the R&F who swallowed it "wholesale"

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

^ what wallsofjericho said.

Yea, and when the society says how after Rutherford took over, many left because they refused to do witnessing. What a whitewashed story! It's more like many left because Rutherford told everybody to do a minimum of 60+ hours a month because the Lord commanded that, no him, but the Lord. This is after the Lord had told them that in 1925 there would be a resurrection and the princes would be living in the mansion that he was happy to occupy the past 20 years when that never happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit