Has Anyone Invited You to the Memorial?

by Prisca 54 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

JEMIMAH: Careful dude! Big Brother is watching! You never know who could be reading this. Just watch your step, OK, otherwise the snakes will 'reach out' and bite you!

What's the date for the memorial again?

Isn't it on Thursday the 28th of March?

The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to drive past the KH at about sunset and take a gander at all the pitiful people! (Good for a laugh, and a very strong reminder of what I've put behind me!)

"...the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing" - The Golden Age
    [SYN], UADA
    - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

We just had a visit today. They kept it short and sweet. Asked when we were coming back. I said we're doing fine just the way we are.

Mak,

I can just see you sniffing the cork and examining the label. Swirling the wine to check out the legs and taking a sip only to spit out the cheap Manachevitz. LOL

TimB

• SYN
    SYN

I'm pretty much shaking all over right now.

This is because I've decided that I will attend the Memorial at my local KH on Thursday. (It is Thursday right?)

I will use our local phone directory to find out the number for Bethel, then ask them what the exact time is.

Damnit, why am I shivering so much?

Perhaps it is a big mistake?

But I think not. Just to see all those people, unchanged since I left them, still plowing through the same rut basically, and me having undergone a virtual 360 degree transformation since I left, will be epic.

When I left the BORG, I was a hopeless loner with nothing going for me.

3 years down the line, I can drive, I have a killer job earning more money than my parents, I look about 10X better thanks to the judicious application of skin cream/hair gel/gym/aftershave, I can actually think and remember properly, I dress better, and I am vastly more socially poised and articulate. All this in a miserable 3 years.

Good grief, what am I letting myself in for?

All I really want to do is show these people up, put the proverbial 'finger' in their faces, and show them that people can succeed once they leave the fold.

"...the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing" - The Golden Age
    [SYN], UADA
    - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Syn,

Not a good idea IMO. If you've really moved on, then let it be. If you're drawn to go, could it mean that they've still got a hold on you?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• termite 35
    termite 35

Is it REALLY next Thursday?This is the first time in all the years I associated that I hav'nt had one. Guess i'm beyond help then?!!!!!JEM, can't you just be ill?then you get some breathing space; I know those who have an axe embedded in their heads or who are in traction STILL manage to drag themselves there like some kind of self flagulation;but if you had a really bad case of the 'runs' or projectile vomiting.......Don't do it,you know you don't want to; have a glass of wine with me instead.X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit