President Bush

by Rado Vleugel 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Rado Vleugel
    Rado Vleugel

In the Netherlands and many other European countries president Bush of the United States of America is considered as a man with low intellectual capabilities and a narrow minded unilateral view on the rest of the world who uses one-liners in stead of founded argumentation.

But in the US he is seen by most Americans as a wise and great Statesman, a marvellous leader in difficult times.

I am interested how JW’s in congregations from different countries look at President Bush although they usually don’t openly have an opinion about politicians. Opinions from ex-JW’s are of course also welcome.

Rado Vleugel
    http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/

• LB
    LB

Right, European's are such givers and their opinion's of our leaders are very important to us. After all, look all you've done for the USA this past century.

Pray our dimwitted president keeps protecting you.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Princess
    Princess

How do you know how we feel about our president? Such generalizations are offensive.

I agree with LB.

Princess

• teejay
    teejay

Been to the U.S. lately, Rado or read any American newspapers?

Not all 280 million Americans think alike. Fyi, a good percentage of us view Bush just as you say many Europeans do – as a man with a limited intellectual viewpoint and a strong unilateral bias. Some of us even felt that way long before Sept. 11.

In the future it would be good if you didn't make such sweeping generalizations about what Americans think.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Rado: The USA is split about 50/50 on their agreement and approval of Pres. Bush with respect to economic and domestic issues. On foreign policy outside the War on Terrorism, the same pretty much holds true. His approval ratings as far as the terror issue remain high, floating between 80% and 90% ... or were the last I checked sometime ago.

His critiques paint his as low level intelligence. He went to Yale, I believe and did well ... as well or better than Al Gore. His Texas accent and style of speaking might cause some to see him as less than the "sharpest knife in the drawer."

All in all, he seems like a decent man. His policies are generally conservative, but he has been more compromising with the liberals than past Republican Presidents.

The USA is often at odds with European nations on many issues ... so, it is no surprise when a conservative President is not as well received as liberals.

• Francois
    Francois

The last great world leader produced in Europe was Churchill. That was some time ago. If you can't elect any one more memorable than whoever it's been you people have elected in the last 60 years, then why do you feel qualified to judge our leaders?

Would you prefer a smooth talking sleazebag like Clinton?
    Or a full-blown criminal like Lyndon Johnson?
    Or an ineffectual cremepuff like Carter whose management of the economy was so bad we had to invent new words to describe it, like stagflation?

You worry about your side of the pond; we'll worry about ours.

Um, how much of what is your country contributing for the war on terror?

Francois

NOTE TO GOVERNING BODY: You've been challenged to a debate, boys. Dont you have ANY balls?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    considered as a man with low intellectual capabilities and a narrow minded unilateral view on the rest of the world who uses one-liners in stead of founded argumentation

From Dallas, Texas... I won't argue with that!!! In my opinion, Bush is about as sharp as a bowling ball.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

[Oops!]

In my opinion, Bush is about as sharp as a bowling ball.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Rado Vleugel
    Rado Vleugel

Teejay: *** Been to the U.S. lately, Rado or read any American newspapers?*** It has been several years ago I visited the US. I have read some Amarican Newspapers lately, and I watch CNN daily.
    *** Not all 280 million Americans think alike.***
    Sorry it sounded as a generalisation. I said by most not by all Americans.

Francois: *** why do you feel qualified to judge our leaders*** It was just an observation, not a judgement.

Amazing: *** He went to Yale, I believe and did well ...*** I was aware of the fact he visited Yale University. I even heard, but am not sure, that he is the President with the highest education.

To all: Sorry if I offended anyone in connection with the 9-11 events.

Rado Vleugel
    http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/

• Englishman
    Englishman

Humph!

Bush was certainly regarded initially in Europe anyway as something of a moron, his lack of travel outside the US and his upholding of capital punishment marked him as a backward dimwit, which wasn't helped by his rejection of the Kyoto treaty.

Come the saga of Sept 11 he went up in everyone's opinion, unfortunately he has rewarded his friends by slapping up fo 30% on steel imports, which whilst his US backers may have felt mollified, has just had the effect of losing support elsewhere.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit