Congregation By Laws?

by tootired2care 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Bobcat - Thanks for posting that, it's exactly what I was looking for.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

So.... what would keep a congo from changing those bylaws and voting in something different?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Anyone have a PDF or photocopy of the "by laws" BOBCAT cites in this thread?

Just curious. . . . .

• Shador
    Shador

Yea, they had some announcement about that at our hall a week or 2 ago. Posted the by-laws on the board. I actually went up and read the whole thing, much to the surprise of our COBE, who "figured nobody would wanna read that stuff". Looks like standard legal stuff about the congregation having a board of directors, how they are elected, procedure for replacements, how expenses are handled, voting on expenses/procedureal changes, etc.

• Shador
    Shador

Anyone have a PDF or photocopy of the "by laws" BOBCAT cites in this thread?

Just curious. . . . .

I have access to get them. What state would you like?

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

"Page 3, Article XI - DISSOLUTION

Upon dissolution of the Congregation, after paying or adequately providing for debts and obligations of the Congregation, the remaining assets shall be distributed to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc."

That is the line that means owned by WTBS.

Dispurse the members to other halls then disolve the non-profit religious corp, sell the property and monies go to WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit