Monster's Ball

by LB 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• LB
    LB

Has anyone seen this movie yet? I'm thinking about taking it in after the weekend. I like Halle Berry and Billy Bob and so I'll take a chance. Unless you convince me otherwise.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• teejay
    teejay

LB,

I had someone tell me today that it was a good movie. I like the characters Billy Bob plays, and I *really* like Halle. I'd drink a gallon of her bathwater.

Well... maybe not, but I sure like looking at her!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I heard it was a ten thumbs up. whatever that means.
    plm

"I look to the sea, reflections in the waves spark my memory
    Some happy,some sad"
    styx
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

Best movie I've seen in a long time. And I see almost everything.

Halle Berry should win Best Actress, hands down. If she doesn't, it was stolen from her. One of the best female lead performances I have ever witnessed. How does one of the worlds most beautiful and glamourous women convince us to suspend disbelief to the extent that we totally buy her as a beat down, poor waitress with an obese son and jailbird husband in a small Louisiana town?

And for you ladies, if you want to see Heath Ledger get naked and make mad passionate sex, this is your movie. (I'm only 1/2 lying) Hehe, actually, if you just want to see if Heath Ledger can actually act, this is your movie. Turns out he can, and very well.

• Makena1
    Makena1

The missus and i highly recommend it. Great acting - as Sixofnine said, halle should win over sissy.

I was a bit surprised to see stretch marks on Halle's boobs. Children, loss of weight? Oh well, no one is perfect.

;)
    Mak

• LB
    LB

STOP THE PRESS!!! YOU SEE HALLE'S BOOBS???

ok, I'm off to the movies.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    halle should win over sissy.

I don't take kindly to people bitch slapping Marissa Tomei, and I sure don't want to see them win an Oscar for it.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

SixofNine

halle should win over sissy.

I don't take kindly to people bitch slapping Marissa Tomei, and I sure don't want to see them win an Oscar for it.

Oh Geezz I met Marissa Tomei at a party. (This will do me in for sure)
    She is EXACTLY the same way in real life as she is on screen. She Is Not Acting. What you see IS what you get. Same personality dress everything! If she reads these threadsright, she might remember
    this one. She crashed a party because it was on the same street as the "Manendez" All she wanted to do was go see the "HOUSE." I better not get sued for this. She asked me to show her where there house was. I probably misspelled Menendez.
    plm

"I look to the sea, reflections in the waves spark my memory
    Some happy,some sad"
    styx
  • LB
    LB

I took the movie in this afternoon. I enjoyed it but it certainly wasn't what I expected. When I left the movie I was thinking it's just so-so but as I drove away the movie stuck in my mind. There are a lot of layers here. I did enjoy it a lot.

• patio34
    patio34

I saw this movie and, while the acting, etc., was very good, i didn't enjoy it. I'm more of an adventure or suspense fan.

You know why, in the overly long sex scene with Halle Barry and Billie Bob Thornton, she was on top the whole time? I guess they figure the audiences wouldn't want to see Billie Bob's tush. Had it been Brad Pitt, George Clooney, . . . they probably would have changed positions. (Blush!)

WTBS: Quit peeing on my leg and telling me it's raining.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit