What do you think will happen when all the FDS die

by termite 35 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• termite 35
    termite 35

Thanks Everyone for so much info; I too, had forgotten (or was I not listening?!as if...)about the Given Ones.I think you're right about yet another moving of the goal posts; what a no-win situation; most too young to have personal memory of events to compare doctrine with, and the older ones may have too much pride to lose.Personally I feel that they'll have to be eventually 'stumbled' by all this as wer'nt we told that the change in the Generation teaching meant that the end was, in fact, NEARER not further away.(that was slipped in neatly to make you feel better about it straight away!)And all this introducing of the next load of FDS'Sin waiting will just drag it all out to unbelieveable lengths of time.Some brother near here a while ago announced he was suddenly annointed; and everyone accepted it as NOW it made sense!(they are so spiritually perceptive arn't they?!)So, hopefully the time issue will get some thinking ;oh yes, I nearly forgot ;apparently according to an elder in another cong. tells all that if any annointed falls away ;jehovah always has another in the wings, so to speak!But EXTRAS rather than UNDERSTUDIES, that may be hard for a few to swallow.But then, as the alternative is being slandered as loosing your faith or being spiritually weak unfortunately they'll probably just wait on jehovah.At least you've got the false prophet argument to back you up; soon it will be the only one you'll need!!!!xx

• Farkel
    Farkel

JT,

: Most younger anointed as pointed out are viewed as A FEW FRIES SHORT OF A HAPPY MEAL by the avg jw today

Yes, and that is a very important point. Even when there were plenty of "real" anointed guys around, the society always had a hard time finding replacements for GBers who croaked and who were subsequently placed on the "launching pad." (It is ironic that the rocket ship on that "launching pad" actually points South!)

The four new and younger GB members were hand-picked by Ted "Boss" Jaracz and were not picked for their outstanding scholarly abilities, nor for their empathy and compassion, but because they were his hack-men who did his dirty work when they served as COs and such. In otherwords, they were as you would say, "society men" and THAT is what counts the most.

Most of the people who "claim" to be of the anointed (isn't it ironic that dubs even put the anointed into two "classes": those who ARE (the ancient dubs) and those who CLAIM to be (the dubs who started partaking after 1935?) are tetched in da head. Those boys just ain't right. Even dubs notice it. My mother started partaking about 20 years ago and she is a total nutball. Always has been.

So, each time a GB member dies, the society has a very difficult time replacing him. They don't want to pick one of those younger "anointed" nutballs, but the "real" anointed guys are almost as old as God himself.

Just as with the Generation doctrine, the society will be forced to change their doctrine on the FDS. The march of time has forced them to change and will force them to change again as they continue to ever proclaim TEOTWAWKI is going to happen "any day now!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Farkel

• Will Power
    Will Power

They should just make the GB "anonymous" then when they die off no one would know and they could just keep replacing them with more anonymous(s).

Hey...do you think they'd hire me? I think I just solved the problem!

• SYN
    SYN

Wow, you people are optimistic! It doesn't matter what the hell Brooklyn cooks up, the R&F will just be forced to eat it up. Think about it - a very large fraction of the Dubs have most of their family in the religion too. They can't just LEAVE. There is no escape for these ones, and as such they are forced to give lip-service to an organization which owns the minds of their family members.

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    Some brother near here a while ago announced he was suddenly annointed; and everyone accepted it as NOW it made sense!(they are so spiritually perceptive arn't they?!)

As far as I know Gerrit Lösch of the GB did not take from the bread and the wine until his wife had died. He was born in the 1940s.

I think they will be silent about the annointed for a while. The term Governing Body will remain; it's not from the Bible and you can do with it whatever you want. They want care if the member claim to be annointed or not. It will consist of remainers from todays GB and people like Larson and Adams. Nobody will doubt that they belong to the GB because "Has Jehovah not used them in a most favorable way"?

After some time all JW will be "annointed to accomplish their service".

After some decades it will be just a footnote in Proclamers, Vol. II that "in old times some among God's people understood the term 'annointed' to be applied to some Christians only. This was changed later."

Or how many remember that the term "Jehovah's Witnesses" was used for the annointed only?

Or how many

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

WHAT NO MORE FDS?????

Now we're gonna have to live with that 'not-so-fresh' feeling FOREVER!!!! WWWWAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Ven

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The FDS will be the WTS - whoever may run it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit