What do you think will happen when all the FDS die

by termite 35 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• meat pie
    meat pie

I remember something about the 'chieftan class' at the same assembly that we got the Isaiah no1 book. The idea being they could take over from the FDS, but I also thought the whole idea of re-thinking 'the generation' was to pre-empt the quetion at the top of this topic. I recall telling some old timers I didn't understand it much the first time round, but I thought the new light on the FDS/cheiftan class would put many off,answer: well at least we know we have the truth.I got more confused after that, and took the usual approach of not thinking too hard.But it all starts to add up, gets confusing, but most don't know what else to do. I feel sure things will change only when they start having to close KHs for financial reasons. Just a thought.

• gumby
    gumby

JT and now with the shift of the GB from officers to NONannointed dude everything is in place for what will be the BIGGEST CHANGE IN WT HISTORY IN MY FEAR.

My thoughts..
    JF Rutherford has been dead some 60 years. They STILL believe in a Great crowd....that 1934 was the last call for the annointed.....using the Name Jehovah to the degree they do
    ....much of his crap is still taught today after his death.

The same goes for pipe dreamer Freddy Franz..disfellowshipping, blood, and all the other crap he either came up with or had a great part in....is still taught and he's been dead some 10 tears(is it ten?)

My point is the foundation has been laid years ago, for the doctrinal belief structure they now have. They will change some things when the FDS finally pass away.....they change things now while they are alive.
    ...what will be different? What types of CHANGE do you guys feel will take place?

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Someone asked about information concerning the 'given ones'.

w92 4/15 p.31 under "Announcement"
    w92 4/15 p.12 under "Jehovah's Provision, the "Given Ones"

Brief excerpt: " 'Given ones' from among today's great crowd are mature Christian men who have had considerable experience as a result of caring for oversight in branches, in the traveling work, and among the 66,000 congregations now established throughout the earth."

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Reminds me of Metallica's "The Unforgiven" ;-)

• Scully
    Scully

I, for one, just might dance naked underneath the pale moonlight, on top of CT Russell's grave.

Ooops did I just say that?? [:|]

Love, Scully

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Found this discussion interesting. I tend to agree with the idea that I don't think we'll ever see the F&DS die out - we've been hanging around 8500 for a long time.

I was a JW for 35 years, and kept close track of the number of anointed partakers each year. On the average, for the last several decades, the number of partakers WENT UP 25% of the times - or one of every four years. THEN, from the late 80s to the late 90s, it went UP 60% of those years!! The lowest number of partakers for a long time (and maybe it still stands) was in 1988, for god's sake.

And as was pointed out, a good portion of the current governing body were not just baptized after the full number of 144,000 had been selected in 1935, hell, a lot of them weren't even BORN in 1935!! It'll be a long time before the F&DS dies out.

That brings us to what JT wrote about - the Given Ones. This was obviously another cynical little step taken to prepare for the anointed growing old and dying off - and the new arrangement with all the committees at Bethel being run by non-GB Bethelite brothers is just the continuation of that.

I would be interested in anything more on the thought that Maximus commented that this "Given Ones" terminology is losing favor. You really don't hear it used very much, or mentioned in the literature.

S4

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

The number of those claiming to be anointed is ultimately irrelavant, since their importance to this organization is strictly ficticious. Most believe the younger ones are wackos anyway and the average Witness has been trained to be skeptical and suspicious of the genuinness of these ones.

However the illusion must be protected and the organization needs a figurehead in some form that is believed to be in place by God. The "given ones" article allowed senile old men to be propped up by their younger non-anointed "advisors", but this is likely to wear thin in the near future.

Any elders out there interested in writing the Society for any updates on their present understanding of this "given ones" teaching?

Path

• JT
    JT

Most younger anointed as pointed out are viewed as A FEW FRIES SHORT OF A HAPPY MEAL by the avg jw today

it is clear that the role of NONJW will continue to increase as it has in the past few years

it's not that the anointed with be done away with , but the role they play in the feeding program

the role of nonanointed feeding the household of god is what the jw will be teaching in the next 25 years i will be about 65 yrs old
    but we will not reconize the jw of today much like we would not reconize the jw of 1925-

since jw have a long history of forgetting their past history, just consider this simply example

if any person who has become a jw since 1995 would mean he has been a jw for going on 8 yrs now

and this Generation Dogma has no meaning or recollection to him and in the future when they change the role of the FDS any new JW will have no recollection of HOW POWERFUL THIER ROLE WAS and any old timers who tried to bring it up - well just like today we laughed at the comment about how they had a christmas tree right at bethel

when the avg jw hears that today you get alittel chuckle and then comments along the line we have come along way

jah has revealed so much light since then on on and on

so any changes that wt makes has very little effect on the masses of jw

for some it is the straw but for the vast mojority it is merely what they have been told to expect NEW LIGHT

• Will Power
    Will Power

Thats so true JT.
    I know someone who started studying in late 1975.

Quotes:
    "I never heard anything about an armegedon that didn't come!"
    little smile "Oh come on, do you think I'd be that silly, not know what was going on?"

sigh

• cecil
    cecil

Hello termite and others on this thread.

My personal point of view: For the time being they will extend the "formula", that allows for those born after 1915-1920 (the heavenly call closed around 1935 acc. to the WT) to be of the anointed, as much as possible. (See current members on the GB - some of them born on the 40's...)

But within 5-10 years (and I agree completely with JT and whoever his sources may be!) they will have to prepare for and make a (noteable) change that somehow allows the "other sheep" to be the FDS of the last days. We have seen the introduction to this several yeasr ago. In a way they are planning tyhe next steps already - checking out how some chosen "low- and high-profile" JW would react to such a change. For the past two years I have talked to at least a dozen elders, 3 CO and 1 DO that on different occasions have expressed their belief that THIS is going to happen (and they didn't mention the - and a couple of them have expressed that they would go by such a change.

Makes one wonder, doesn't it?

cecil

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit