Thank you for your patience

by Simon 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

First of all, my sincere apologies for the recent disruptive posts.

While I've had to give them my attention I want to say a big "thank you" to all the posters who don't cause trouble, use the forum as intended have had to put up with a few idiots. I assure you that I will continue to do everything I can to keep things running as smoothly as possible.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

way to go Simon!!

• Schtinky
    Schtinky

Simon

Does this mean we'll get our editing capabilities back soon?

As RIZ would say: Me love you long time.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

((((((((((((((angharad and mr angharad))))))))))

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Simon,I think things will be a lot better with your new implementations.Most of us just want to enjoy each others company.When trouble makers and trolls are tearing at your friends.It tends to make even a decent person a little crazy.The goodhearted are taken advantage of,and the naturally protective go off on a tear.Not good for eithier.The board is real nice today,I think I`ll go hang out with my friends.Thank-you for all you`ve done for us...OUTLAW

• Princess
    Princess

You do a great job here Simon. Thank you!

Princess

• Amazing
    Amazing

Simon: We're with you 100% and appreciate being here. Thanks.

• cynicus
    cynicus

The fact that I am silent doesn't necessary mean I agree with your actions or viewpoints. Nevertheless I *do* admire your persistence and efforts to keep this place running. Consider that a compliment please!

However, if you look around at various *big* fora (such as slashdot) you will see that user driven moderation, rating based filtering etc (what does the current rating system offer other than some nice bar graph?), is probably the way to go. I consider what is happening right here as 'growing pains' which aren't easy (having three that seem in the middle of it...) But it gets better: puberty is coming up!

Simon, I don't believe that you and your wife can't police this site (and IMO you shouldn't need to want to) if it grows a little bigger than it currently is. I believe in self-organizing systems, and therefore it might be wise to provide some sytem tools to actually let the system organize itself. I'd say that if you provide the often called for 'ignore'-feature to start with you'd probably see a lot of flak and unwanted stuff fade away. Hell, since you brought up my patience, I'd be willing to sacrifice the threaded view or even better, the NNTP interface that is long overdue.

---
    Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

THANK YOU SIMON and ANGHARAD!

j2bf

• ladonna
    ladonna

(((((Simon and Angharad)))))

Thankyou for giving us this place free of charge to post and chat in

Ana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest