Who's seen their favorite bands in concert?

by TearzaJoy 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I've seen many of my favs in concert and some that I could take or leave. Went because I was invited and what the heck. Going to a concert is better then staying home and whatching T.V. any day.

My first concert was 'The Guess Who" At the time I didn't even know who they were.

.My babysitter's boy friend wanted to take her but she couldn't go because she had to babysit me.

.So I got to go along. I think I was 8 or 9 years old.

others that I can remember from childhood are

Kool and The Gang

Earth Wind and Fire

Rufus

a lot of oldies from the KRTH concerts at the Greek

--------------------------------

Willie Nelson/Waylon Jennings/SteppinWolf

CalJam-Lot of bands but so..so concert

Pink Floy'd

Robbie Robertson

Wallflowers

Rob Zombie

The Stones*************GREAT

Fleetwood Mac *************GREAT

Rod Piazza (use to follow him around when he was still doing small clubs)********GOOD FUN

Blue Thunder (not well known in the US but more popular in Europe) use to hang out with them and photograph them at various clubs) They are a Bules/Rock band and very good I might add(The drummer is a real hottie...but married..[sadface])

George Thourogood and the destroyers***********GREAT ..Goerge..George..George..George..

Kentucky HeadHunters***********GREAT AND LOTS OF FUN

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers**********ALWAYS GREAT...fav song...BREAKDOWN

The culture Club...I love boy George he is so Kool and funny.

Elvis

OH! and when I was a child went with my parents to see Loretta Lynn/Johnny Cash/& other Cntry singers

• cellomould
    cellomould

I have seen in concert: Megadeth,Tesla, Queensryche, Joe Satriani/Steve Vai/John Petrucci. I got to see Stevie Wonder perform at an event at UCLA recently. Simply amazing!

A couple of current/former band members of Reel Big Fish are from my high school, so of course I have seen them several times...from a free coffee shop show to the House of Blues.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Hey, I'm in the same "class" as Farkel. Hmmm, am I proud of that one or ??? Anyway, I saw the New Christy Minstrels and PPMary many moons ago as well.

As a teen, our small town had concerts by the Dick Clark Caravan of Stars. They all came into town on a bus or two. We "teenyboppers" got to see and hear such as: Dusty Springfield; The Kinks; Gene Pitney; Bryan Hyland (Sealed with a Kiss!); Peter and Gordon; The Shirelle's...many more. Wow, does anyone even know who these people were? I feel old. We were about 14 years of age and used to run around their hotels getting pics and autographs. Those were the days of total innocence~

Others over the years: Beach Boys, Dolly Parton Garth Brooks; Brooks and Dunn; Faith Hill (during my c/w music days); The POINTER sisters when they were first getting started in California! ELVIS when I was about 9 mos. pregnant w. my firstborn (29 years old now)....uh, The Jacksons, during the same era ...when Michael was cute and innocent too!

You've stirred memories here, forgive me for going on: won tickets to Jefferson Starship. Recent years I've gotten into some Christian music and love Kathy Troccoli (twice) and Point of Grace.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

i've seen The Hip, Green Day, Our Lady Peace, The Tea Party.. umm i think that's it.

i'd do ANYTHING (yes, ANYTHING!!!) to see Tool live. anything.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

My all time favorite band is Aerosmith and I saw them the summer after I graduated (1997), it was awesome!! My all time worst concert attended was Master P, yucky.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

In a sort of reverse chronological order...

ZZ Top/George Thorogood-great show

Chris LeDoux-excellent show

Clay Walker-the best,this guy sang forever,and he can sing and play anything

Hank Williams,Jr-more times than I can count,always a great show

George Strait-also more times than I can count,a great singer with alot of great songs,but nothin' fancy....try to see him somewhere you can dance

Dwight Yoakam-another great show

Waylon Jennings,Willie Nelson and David Alan Coe-these guys aren't legends for nothing

Saw Reba McEntire,Garth Brooks and Toby Keith many times back before they made it big.

Journey/Bryan Adams-my first rock concert,I remember it fondly,if somewhat vaguely...

There were several others,but these have been favorites.

Nuff Said, Cowboy

• bonovox
    bonovox

Last big concert I was at was of course my fave band, U2!! Miami, December 2, 2001, American Airlines arena in Miami. What a friggin magical night!

Um, SevenofNine, did you mean this spring, or last spring (2001)? To my knowledge (and Im a fanatic LOL) U2 hasn't performed as a band since the Superbowl HalfTime show in February...certainly no full concerts....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit