Just had a blow up with jw mom and she said the bible referenced angels being called gods, it that true?

by Question_Mans_interpretation 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    I always thought Hebrews Chapter 1 kind of indicated Michael the archangel thing was wrong.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

As the trinity isnt that critical to you (and I never bought it), you might want to think about what I said to my mom.l

I told my mom that I chose to go to churches that encouraged people to follow christ and to show his character. I did not and do not feel that the dogma is what is what IDs "true" christians, it is the way they demonstrate a christian character. JWs discourage all the true neighborly and brotherly love that is taught in the NT-it ignores the best counsel to christians and makes up legalistic rules.

I am no longer a christian, but I totally respect Christians who are following Jesus' example of love. I don't care about denonimations-a JW, Mormon, catholic, baptist. . . but CHURCHES that are just pushing dogma while leaving the real teachings behind-are useless.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    It's great that you bring your children to your mom. The GB has tried to stop that from happening while they are trying to control those who have DA, or Df'd. They use the term Family Business, but don't offer any information on how to apply it. As far as the subject of gods are concerned, throughout history mankind has beleived in many gods. Jesus is also referenced as a god in the scriptures. But, this is not worth arguing about when family is involved. I know of some JW grandparents that miss out on seeing their grandchildren totally just because of arguments like this. When you visit with the children leave your beleifs behind, and when your mom brings up the past, just tell her to try and forgive the past, and let's work towards the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit