Ex-JW YouTuber films UFO

by cedars 18 Replies latest jw friends

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

cedars >> The truth is very flexible. Is is whatever the GB wants truth to be.

Let's say ET has made first contact. The GB will say: "Well, the Bible was written for humans only. Jesus died for this place, earth. It never covers any aspects of outer space other than spirit creatures - we only asserted it is unlikely, but not absolutely impossible, that physical intelligent life exists. Now, that we are not alone in the universe anymore, lo and behold, it must be evident they are sinners just like us, and Jesus died for them as well. "

What About Life on Other Planets?

Some influential religious figures have insisted that God would not create any world without purpose and that all habitable worlds must therefore be inhabited. Is that what the Bible says? No. The Bible indicates that it is very unlikely that God at this point has created intelligent physical creatures on any planets other than our own. How so?

If God did create such beings, he did so before he created Adam and Eve. Such beings either remained faithful to their Creator, or like Adam and Eve, they sinned and fell into imperfection.

But if they became imperfect, they needed a redeemer. As one essayist put it: “One has this dreadful thought that on Friday [the day Jesus Christ was executed], every Friday, somewhere in the universe Jesus is being hanged high for someone’s sins.” But that is not Scriptural. The Bible tells us that Jesus “died with reference to sin once for all time.”—Romans 6:10.

What if these beings had remained perfect? Well, when Adam and Eve sinned, they were, in effect, questioning God’s right to rule over a world of intelligent physical beings. If another planet existed at that time, a world full of intelligent physical beings who were living harmoniously and loyally under God’s rule, would they not have been called in as witnesses to testify that God’s rule does indeed work? This conclusion seems inescapable, since he has already used even imperfect humans as witnesses in his behalf on that very issue.—Isaiah 43:10.

Does that mean, then, that God created all those countless millions of suns (and planets if they exist) for no purpose? Not at all. While we know, considering the uniqueness of Jesus Christ, that the earth is the only inhabited planet in the universe right now, and while we know, too, that it will forever stand unique as the planet where the Creator vindicated the rightfulness of his rulership, what the future holds we do not know.

Awake! 1990, 4/8 pp. 9-11 7 Extraterrestrials—Finding the Answer

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

If there is life out there, we might want to keep a low profile untill we work out our own issues on earth. Just ask the native americans how "contact" worked out for them. They got a cold for the first time, then they got drunk for the first time, and then they lost their land and civilization.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

When it comes to UFO's this is the only thing I have scene that makes my head spin. I give you: "Prophet Yahew". I think he would fit in good at the KH

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wcQtVVpPxjY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The 1990 Awake! article quoted above demonstrates what a tangled web of drivel the WTS must make up in order to attempt to rationalise their superstitious belief system.

• still thinking
    still thinking

cagefighter...Is it just what I saw? Or would that make aliens VERY small if they were flying in a craft like that?

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Well it is very high up there. I can not figure out what that is and neither can anyone else. It was moving around up there, in broad daylight.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

i watch ancient aliens and am interested in the sumerian tablets info on the anunnaki and crop circles are also a mystery.

• cedars
    cedars

nancy drew - yes, I find the ancient aliens series interesting. I suppose there could conceivably be some truth to it all.

I do find this guy a little nauseating, though. Maybe it's just me? Maybe it's just the fact that he has orange skin and appears to have been struck by lightning?!

Cedars

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

There's a funny video of him to the tune of you take my breath away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit