Which apple do you like the most?

by Iamallcool 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Prefect
    Prefect

Golden Delicious have no taste.

I think Cox's Orange Pippen are the one of the tastiest.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Pink lady.

We have three apple trees in our garden now. We had alot more but lost them in the great storm of 1987. We had a large old Bramley apple tree but eventually had to remove it. We now have a Grenadier which is rather nice.

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

Fuji and Gala!

Red delicious may taste great if you catch them fresh. However, if you buy them at the supermarket, they don't taste as good. And once you buy them, they have a short life in the fridge.

Fuji and Gala can last weeks even after buying them at the supermarket. I would have to try Pink Lady again, after reading the comments here.

One thing though, buying apples in the supermarket is a hit and miss thing. Sometimes, if you are lucky, you get awesome tasting apples from the market, other times, apples taste bland and hollow. Personally, I stay away from Red delicious from the s.market.

By the way, for those of you who enjoy apple juice in the bottle, make sure you get apple juice (NOT from concentrate) with just, apple and vitamin C as preservative. Make sure water is not listed. Otherwise you end up paying for water over apple juice as a second or third constituent.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I'm partial to the McIntosh. I also think the McIntosh makes the best hard cider. Mmmmmmmm.......Cider.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

............................ ...OUTLAW

• poppers
    poppers

LOL - Outlaw!

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Granny Smith for baking

Gala or MacIntosh for eating (only like Macs when they're fresh in the fall)

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

You're fresh in the fall!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I hate apples....never liked them. If there was a kind I would eat, it would have to be the green kind. The sourer the better.

• jgnat
    jgnat

For leolaia, the crabapple.

Crabapple

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit