King of the North - Missing in Action

by scotoma 45 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

mP - my point is that the writers of the Daniel book felt quite comfortable explaining in one chapter how Rome became Anglo-America, while in another part of the book explaining how Rome became Hitler's Germany. Surely if the prophetic interpretation were accurate it wouldn't be so ambiguous? That was my thinking at the time. Obviously, now it's all a moot point.

Cedars

• moshe
    moshe

Old technology in the writing department is being refined, as we speak-

• mP
    mP

cedars:

I was trying to reason with historical facts, of course if your going to make crazy selections and least try and make them with a little sense :) Then again Moscow also calls it self the third Rome after Istanbul(the 2nd) and Rome(1st) in a religious sense.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

mP

I was trying to reason with historical facts

King of the North = Seleucid Dynasty

King of the Sourth = Ptolemaic Dynasty

Those are the facts.

• mP
    mP

Jeffro;

mP

I was trying to reason with historical facts

King of the North = Seleucid Dynasty

King of the Sourth = Ptolemaic Dynasty

Those are the facts.

mP:

We are talking about different eras :)

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The King of the North is visiting Santa and Mrs Claus at the North Pole.

• snare&racket
  • King Solomon
    King Solomon

Being that Daniel (a Hebrew who was lauded for being an dream interpreter inspired by YHWH who was in exile in Babylon) was interpreting the dream of Nebuchadnezzar (the ruler of Babylon), why exactly would anyone assume that the geographical frame of reference given wouldn't be that of these two people, i.e. Babylon?

On the other hand, JWs seem content to allow WTBTS to turn parables into prophecies, too....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The theological stupidity of the WTS. shines brightly on this particular one doctrine as many others do,

for if they were well studied students of ancient history concerning the middle east they would know that the words spoken in the bible

were concerning the northern kingdom of Israel, separate from the lower southern Kingdom of Judah.

And no the northern part is not going to invade the southern half to start the beginning of the GT and Armageddon.

Just another bullshit story used to incite fear into people's minds and get them to distribute their publications.

Cunning action for a publishing house perhaps but directly exploitive upon people ignorances and naivety.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

i am so sick of the king of the north

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit