John beheaded--5000 fed, amusing headers in Old Green Bible

by nuthouse escapee 10 Replies latest social humour

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Passing time at the snorefests was a bit easier when you could find something to distract yourself. The following are some of the headers that I found amusing while killing time as a kid John Beheaded----5000 Fed Divorce----Gift of Singleness Stray Sheep----Settling Faults Did anyone else do this or was it just me. I've always had an 'odd-ball' sense of humour. bwa ha ha ha ha

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

HA HA, we used to do this also, years ago. Wow, what memories.

The only one I can remember now went something like "Nothing is sacred but a woman with a shorn head." That may not be it exactly, but it was something like that.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Steve LMAO I must have missed that one. I so want to be sacred, who knew it was so easy. I better get out the barber kit & shave my head. LOL

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

My favorite was page 311 in the old green NWT, Judges 19-20:

"Mass sex crime in Gibeah. All Israel aroused."

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Neon madman OMG THAT IS PRICELESS!!! I don't know how I missed that. Maybe I was too young and didn't get it. Almost makes me wish I still had that old Green Bible. NOT!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

A gift of 100 philistine foreskins

• TD
    TD

In the concordance section, "Mighty Man Mocked" was directly followed on the next page by "Mocker Mourning"

• minimus
    minimus

Funny stuff!

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    John beheaded--5000 fed, amusing headers in Old Green Bible

I remember that one. Hilarious. It was the same in the Spanish version.

The joke ran: :Hey did you know John had a huge head?"

"No I didn't."

"Says so right here in the Bible."

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Then again Botch...maybe the head was magical like the ever expanding loaves & fishes. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit