Calling All Gun Enthusiasts: You Are Going To LOVE This!

by Low-Key Lysmith 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I offered to help. They said "thank you, but we got it".

• besty
    besty

@ LKL - I'd value seeing you express your feelings on your right to bear arms in an open letter written to the parents of the tiny kids slaughtered yesterday.

Genuinely - I would - because I just can't understand why you feel your rights supercede that of parents everywhere to be free from the terror of sending their children to school.

• david_10
    david_10

Hear hear, Besty.................Thank you. I'm so upset right now that I can't even put anything into words. But you did pretty good.

Thank you.

David

• LV101
    LV101

Guns are not legal in Norway and a nut killed 70 people. They will always land in the hands of the wrong people, unfortunately. I'm not endorsing guns and something needs to be done.

Heard some other psycho in China was at a school yesterday slitting the throats of children w/a knife --- have not picked anything up on news.

• besty
    besty
    Guns are not legal in Norway

Not sure if you want to try attempt to back that up with any facts...

In any case my request is for Low-Key Lysmith to use his own thread to address the parents affected by the massacre of the children, just for the record, if he so chooses.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Hi LKL! Wow, that's a lot of firepower! I know you believe in gun rights, so I thought you would like this. Here's an interesting speech given by a Father who lost his young Daughter in the Columbine massacre. In it, he talks about the NRA and gun rights. There are some things in there about God and Spirituality, but even if you may not be a believer, there are things in there he says that you will find of possible value and merit.

http://nuggets4u.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/father-of-columbine-student-12-years-later/

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I read your link, Cowboy. While I'm glad that this man has sense enough to not blame guns or the NRA, i strongly disagree with his insinuation that more God in public institutions will lead to less violence. He had one thing right. That we need to look inside our hearts for the solution. God is not the answer any more than Superman is. If kids in public schools want to pray in school, fine. They should do it privately, or at the very least, in groups of like-minded students. Open prayer has no place in public schools or any public institution, for that metter. If there are non-believing kids or kids of non-christian faith, they have the right to not be immersed and subjected to open, public prayer. Period.

Just for the record, this experience on the range with the Rangers was one of the best times of my life. A once in a lifetime opportunity. A lot of fun was had and no one was hurt. I see no reason to justify the experience to any of you.

I have had absolutely nothing to do with any shootings, Columbine or otherwise. I resent the insinuation that I am somehow responsible for any of these instances, just because I legally own a few guns and enjoy legal recreational use of them. None of my guns have ever taken a life, human or otherwise. I am not the problem.

• besty
    besty

I am not suggesting responsible gun owners such as you appear to be are responsible for atrocities

I am asking you as a gun lover what you would write to the Newtown parents about your hobby, and maybe I can learn something from what you write.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Like I said, I accept your request. Just give me some time to think and sleep on it. I'm kinda fired up right now. I promise to address this soon, just not right now.

• besty
    besty

thats fine LKL - I'm here in the UK despite my Cali avatar - I was grateful to spend 3 years in LA recently and one of my immediate neighbours had a whole bunch of weapons - I would have loved to have had the kind of day out with him you described in this thread -

my question is sincere - what can you say to the parents about 2nd amendment personal rights in the face of community terror.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit