Best Iranian House/Dance Artists

by Nambo 23 Replies latest social entertainment

• still thinking
    still thinking

I love the vocals too....not sure about the house music...but that wasn't bad.

• talesin
    talesin

Nambo, I don't have TV, but the couple featured in the pic are both soap stars, and there is a reality show on "E" network featuring them ... I watched TOO much TV when I was laid up with my bad foot.

She is Persian. :))

and SOOO Beautiful~

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

They are really beautiful, and don’t look like the integrists the media tries to portrait Iranians like.

This country has been disfellowshipped from the world for the last 30 years, and nobody is allowed to listen or make business with them, still they managed to achieve quite a prosperous and developed country.

As muslim countries go, they are far less fanatic than others, so much so that they have Christian and Jewish communities totally integrated in their society.

Bombing them is a crime.

• Nambo
    Nambo

I read that Israel actually offered to pay the Iranian Jews to move to Israel, but that they would rather stay in Iran.

The situation in both Iran and Syria could lead to WW3 I worry, Russia and China both get a lot of oil from Iran, and both of them say they will fight for Iran, one Chinese Minister saying "even if it leads to World War 3, yet Israel has such control of America, and they are really pushing hard for military action.

Most Westerners probably think Iran is a load of farmers leaving with AK47s in little stone huts in the desrt, where in fact it looks like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7rSfWRbu4E

• JeffT
    JeffT

is it okay to call Persians 'Arab'?

No. Different languages, cultures and history to start with. It's worse than calling a Canadian an American. Actually, I don't think they like "persian" either, its a European term.

I do like some of the regional music.

• talesin
    talesin

Anyone interested might want to read the graphic novels by Marjane Satrapii: Persepolis, Persepolis 2, and Embroideries.

Would you agree?

There is a lot of disinformation and misunderstanding in the west about Iran (Persia) and its people.

• talesin
    talesin

Jeff - actually, most of the Iranians here like the term "Persian" .... even having vanity plates, etc.

We have quite an old Arab population here (arrived before WWII), most of whom are Lebanese and Syrian. More recent influxes from Iran (since the Ayotollah's took over), and Iraq (since the first Iraq war).

t

• still thinking
    still thinking
    There is a lot of disinformation and misunderstanding in the west about Iran (Persia) and its people.

Yup

• Diest
    Diest

I didnt know i liked Iranian house...

• talesin
    talesin

PS to Jeff - agree that the Iranians I know do not consider themselves 'Arab', nor European - but unique, and the originals! I was wondering what an Iranian (Persian) might have to say about that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit