Scriptures seem to hint that Jehovah/Yahweh is a SON of God?

by EndofMysteries 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

MP:

Why jeahovah only destroyed the baalists and not the other pagan Asherahs is never explained.

King -> MP:

My point is, you seem to fall for the lie that Asherah was "pagan". Nope, that attempt to categorize her origins is a late development of Judaism, hundreds of years after the fact, an attempted re-write of Hebrew history....

MP-> King

I was attmpting to be sarcastic. Basically the Hebrew religion is an early example of the Catholic (aka universal church) or Corporate mergers. Big fish swallow little fish. IN the case of Jehovah over time the Yahwehists created their holy book with the primary motivation of creating a Jewish religion, fo the nation. Overtime they adopted elements and worshippers of other Gods and then pretended El was really Jah. We see the same also with El Shaddai the god of Abraham in Exodus 3.

The reality is Baal was an enemy because that temple was in direct competition in Israel and Judah proper, even though the OT likes to pretend that Jehovah destroyed all the locals and temples on more than one occassion. Like today religion was big business. The Yahwehists wanted the sacrifices, money, labour and ability to get the masses to do stuff for them by simply threatining Jehovah upon them.

The jews knew Yahweh was the same as Baal, which is they sometimes they went to his temple amongst the many others. It really didnt matter to them but that infuriated the Yahwests priests, just like the WTS hates all other xian een though they are all of the same book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serapis

The land of Egypt, the praises of which you have been recounting to me, my dear Servianus, I have found to be wholly light-minded, unstable, and blown about by every breath of rumour. There those who worship Serapis are, in fact, Christians, and those who call themselves bishops of Christ are, in fact, devotees of Serapis. There is no chief of the Jewish synagogue , no Samaritan , no Christian presbyter , who is not an astrologer , a soothsayer , or an anointer. Even the Patriarch himself, when he comes to Egypt, is forced by some to worship Serapis, by others to worship Christ. [6]

Interestingly in Jesus time the Jews and their priests worshipped another syntehtic God Separis when they visited Egypt.

• mP
    mP

EndoFMysteries

Thanks for all the info, I'll check them all out.

About Asherah, what is interesting is in Jeremiah 7:18-22, it says how they the cakes and sacrifices they are making are for the "queen of the heavens" and how God did not command any of that.

mP -> EndOfMysteries

What is even more interesting is that Jehovah intervened and killed the 400 odd Baalists but left the Asherah camp untouched. Was he tired ?

• EndofMysteries
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

mP - I'm starting to discuss a little deeper then I want to but later in Jeremiah the israelites claim they will continue to worship the queen of the heavens because when they stop all catastrophe happens to them. Jeremiah says it's timing, Jehovah merely lost his tolerance of what they were doing. If the baalists were destroyed but Asherah's untouched, if that really happened, and if Asherah is a real entity, then perhaps that is who destroyed the baalists.

If you take all the scriptures of the prostitute, of babylon the great, all of those attributed to a female, if that went deeper into an actual being, could some of those be referring to Asherah too.

Anyway, this is all why I'm giving the bible a chance. All religions seem to focus on a few parts and dismiss everything else, I am at the very least wanting to see what the bible really teaches, what it really says, because I am certain what the masses think it says are based on all of these religions that are misinterpreting and ignoring every part that contradicts what they want it to say.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

And the book of Revelation adds further to this.....that it's granted to certain wild beasts or false prophets to do great signs and wonders. Is all of that a future event, or were many great signs and wonders in the past done by them as well. Or is it a trick to ignore and reject a the true ones about to happen.

• mP
    mP

EndOfMysteries:

And the book of Revelation adds further to this.....that it's granted to certain wild beasts or false prophets to do great signs and wonders. Is all of that a future event, or were many great signs and wonders in the past done by them as well. Or is it a trick to ignore and reject a the true ones about to happen.

mP -> EOM

The simple fact is Revelation is not a book of prophecy. The number of the beast was not 666 but is often 616 in the oldest texts. In ancient languages there were often no separate glyphs for letters and numbers. We are all aware that in the Roman times M=1000, V=5 and so on, this same system was employed in Greek and Hebrew. Every letter in each system had a value, think A=1, B=2 and so on. If we take 616 and use the Greek numeric values we end up with Nero Caesar, 666= Neron Caesar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

The Number of the Beast ( Greek : ?ριθμ?ς το? θηρ?ου , Arithmos tou Theriou ) is a term in the Book of Revelation , of the New Testament , that is associated with the Beast of Revelation in chapter 13. [1] In most manuscripts of the New Testament and in English translations of the Bible , the number of the Beast is 666 . In critical editions of the Greek text , such as the Novum Testamentum Graece , it is noted that 616 is a variant. [2]

Fragment from Papyrus 115 (P115) ofRevelation in the 66th vol. of theOxyrhynchus series (P. Oxy. 4499). [9] Has the number of the Beast as 616.

Although Irenaeus (2nd century AD) affirmed the number to be 666 and reported several scribal errors of the number, there is still a minority of theologians who have doubt about the original reading [10] because of the figure 616 being given in Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus (C; Paris), one of the four great uncial codices, as well as by the Latin version of Tyconius (DCXVI, ed. Souter in the Journal of Theology, SE, April 1913), and by an ancient Armenian version (ed. Conybaere, 1907). Irenaeus knew about the 616 reading, but did not adopt it (Haer. v.30,3). However, several centuries later, correcting the existing Latin language version of the New Testament, commonly referred to as the Vetus Latina, Jerome left it in. (De Monogramm., ed. Dom G Morin in the Rev. Benedictine, 1903). "The number 666 has been substituted for 616 either by analogy with 888, the [Greek] number of Jesus (Deissmann), or because it is a triangular number, the sum of the first 36 numbers (1+2+3+4+5+6...+36 = 666)" [11]

If we then examine the other symbology and thoughts we can see that Revelation is actually talking about Nero, somebody everyone hated. The text that describes the 7th returning as the 10th is simply a repetition of the belief that Nero actually returned from the dead (like Jesus) and came back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero_Redivivus_Legend

Nero Redivivus Legend was a belief popular during the last part of the 1st century that Nero would return after his death in 68 AD. The legend was a common belief as late as the 5th century. [1] The belief was either the result or cause ofseveral pretenders who posed as Nero leading rebellions.

Some bible scholars see the description of the wounding and healing of the Beast in Revelation 13:3 and the mention of the eighth king who is also one of the earlier seven kings in Revelation 17:8-11 as allusions to the Nero redivivus legend. [9]

Interestingly Nero was the 8th Caesar, Julius was of course the 10th. The more you look you will find that reading Revelation as encoded text and anger against Rome and particularly Nero is a much closer fit than any nonsense modern xians try and squeeze.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Scriptures actually say that God is one, there is no other. Isaiah 46:4-6

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Some scriptures say that. Other scriptures got other ideas.

• IamPresence2012
    IamPresence2012

All these ancient scriptures are based on lots of Gods,,, Annunaki deities with Enki and Enlil. I believe these were extra terrestials that came to earth to conquer it. They found a young civilisation that worshipped ET's at the time and refered to them as Gods as they had all these powers (ET's can be refered to as Angels inthe bible) Enki and Enlil were brothers, one was good, one was evil. They wanted to take control of the earth's resorces especially Gold. (wonder why humanity treats gold as precious) They upgraded the human gene, esp Enlil was a master genesist, he had skils. At the time they were refered to as Gods by the common primitive people. They made us in their image, we could think like them,,know the truth and know the good and evil, maybe close to doing things they could so. We were given a choice. Now ET can shape shift to whatever. THe good bother changed to a snake ans told even to eat from the tree. The other brother went crazy and kicked them out for disobeying him. Whats wrong in gaining knowledge? It could have set them free.

Both brothers fought alot. There was one that wanted peace and loved the humanrace, the other wanted humans to be slaves for Gold. THey divided people into tribes, their father might have been refered to the Almight one. Read up on the Annunaki, you wil find tons on info on You tube or just google. If you read the old testament with this hints you will realise it is an interesting book. Keep in mind, this implies that ET's were refered to as angels by primitive men those days. They had different ET's visiting them and posing as gods. They interefered inthe human race for there own Agenda. With these tribes came the bloodlines,,,, they are the same ones that rule us to this day. Most US presidents are connected, look at the Queen and the 13 bloodline that control the world. Guess who in it? The Russels (founder of JW). When you have this knowledge whats written inthe bible word for word becomes irrelevant. Remember it was converted to english. Look at the Sumerian Tablets,,older than the bible. I saw a reference above bout Zacharia Sitchins,, he got the publicity but do not agree with some of his opinons. Well you heard of the Annunaki returning? These are the fathers of these bloodlines including the pope and queen. not forgeting Zionist Jews. They are to rule till their God Jehova the Annunaki returns. Why are they trying to start the WW3? Why do JW love destruction, they follow a God of war not peace. Bible talks about two different Gods but its been enterpreted to being one God that why there is so much confusion. OR you can say he is a 2 faced God with multiple personalities. (Why did Jehova not allow men see his face? If you saw him, you would die) They were just extraterrestrials of service to self. Some Suggest he was really ugly or was a reptilian that's why no man could see him and die. Read on,, they truth will set you free. Happy story telling,, that what they bible is. read it with an open mind,, and youw ill be like wow,, I am ready for positive ET's to show themselves. As for Jesus like allother masters, he came too early inthis sycle to wake us up, though there have been many masters, Gandhi, mohammed and the rest.

@King Solomon,, Right on YWH, was the God of War. Period. He still has alot of influence in todays goverments. They still do all the rituals as they did back then. He was and still is a ruthless God. I am ashamed to have associated myself with him. Do I want to be his witness, Hell to the NO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit