by Cameron_Don 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Cameron_Don
  • poppers
    poppers

Try a different browser.

• Cameron_Don
    Cameron_Don

I should have used Chrome...

I have heard that there are more stars in the Universe than there are grains of sand on all the beaches in the world. That's an awful lot of stars! Does the Bible say somewhere that Jehovah calls each one of them by name - or something like that?

Don

• poppers
    poppers

T hat would be a lot of names considering there are estimated to be between 100 and 200 billion stars in the Milky Way Galaxay alone, and more than 100 billion galaxies. You can do the math.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Maybe he has some kind of naming convention.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Hi Don- Yes. In Isaiah 40:26 - "Raise your eyes high up and see. Who has created these things? It is the One who is bringing forth the army of them even by number, all of whom he calls even by name. Due to the abundance of dynamic energy, he also bring vigorous in power, not one of them is missing."

Compare scripture is Psalms 147:4 - "He is counting the number of the stars; All of them he calls by [their] names."

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Visible to the naked eye?

About 3000 to 6000.

Certainly possible to name everyone of them back in the days of the desert dwelling shepherds.

Perhaps whoever wrote that verse didn't know about the other hundreds of billions.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Imagine the size of Jah's address book!

• still thinking
    still thinking

I wonder if he takes into account dying stars and new stars being 'born'? Thats a lot to keep track of as well...

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

What ''god'' is so powerful to 'name' all the stars, billions of billions of them, yet can't seem bothered to put an immediate stop to human suffering?

A god that I want to worship, yippee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit