Does it look like a fraud to you?

by Iamallcool 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(I applied for a part time personal assistant job thru Craigslist)

Thanks for the mail...As they say, punctuality is the soul of business. I believe promptness is key if any business is to thrive. I want to thank you for your prompt response. I have gone through your resume and it seems good enough. I will not be able to meet up with you until I get back from my trip. You will resume work with helping me on errands, sorting out my delivers and packages and doing my shopping. You will be properly briefed in order to carry out every task appropriately. I believe we can start the purchase with TRUST, Please assure me of your trust, honesty, promptness to duty and commitment.
    Its great to know you are willing to work for me. I cherish versatility and freedom in a working relationship so you can work from your home or office. I will make for financial aid to be sent to you for purchase of some paintings and other merchandise ( pay my bills on my behalf)Sit for delivery( at your home) or pick items up at nearby post office at your convenience.
    Let me know if you will be able to offer me any/all of these services.
    Where are you located?
    I would love to meet up with you to talk about this job but I am currently away on business.
    I am in Australia so there will be no interview.
    I will prepay you in advance to do my shopping.
    I will also have my mails and packages forwarded to your address.
    If you will be unable to stay at your house to get my mails, I can have it shipped to a post office near you and then you can pick it up at your convenience.
    When you get my mails/packages; you are required to mail them to where I want them mailed to. You don't have to put money out of your pocket, all you have to do is have packages shipped to your house and do my shopping.
    You are allowed to open the packages to reveal its content.
    The content of the packages are computer and electronics, clothings business and personal letters..... All expenses and taxes will be covered by me.
    You will work between 15 and 20hrs a month.. How much will you charge Weekly? I will pay $300.00.
    That is not a bad offer is it? I need your service because I am constantly out of town.
    I work in Realestate and I own an Art Gallery in Australia.
    I will return to USA in November, so this process will be on going till then. If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.Well, let me know if you are able to handle the position.
    Hope to hear I will email you the list and pictures of what to shop for when I am ready.
    No heavy packages is involved! You can do the shopping at any nearest stores.You will be shopping for Electronics and clothing's.
    I will provide you my personal UPS account number for Shipping.All you have to do is provide my account number to UPS and shipping charges will be applied into the account. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well the funds to cover them.
    If I were to mail you money to do my shopping plus upfront payment for your service, where would you want it mailed to? How should your name appear on the money?Maybe you can provide me with the following details below:

Full Name:
    Full Address:
    Apt#
    City:State:
    Zip Code:
    Phone Number:

• baltar447
    baltar447

idk sounds phishy to me...

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

LOL! R u kidding me? How many red flags saying "I'm participating in a scam!" do you need?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I thought so, KS.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Lamallcool- This is so phony!!! Don't give out any more of your personal information. This is a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

I don't know exactly what the scam is, but I'd imagine you may be purchasing using money-laundered funds from hijacked PayPal/gift card/credit card accounts, acting as a purchaser.... Participating in a criminal enterprise is risky, PLUS you likely would be taken, as well....

• AnneB
    AnneB

Google "Reshipping scam". Never mind. Saved you the trouble. Click on the link:

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&biw=1366&bih=598&sclient=psy-ab&q=reshipping+scam&oq=reshipping+scam&gs_l=hp.3...61240.63739.1.64118.15.13.0.0.0.0.363.1374.2-3j2.5.0.les%3B..0.0...1c._im1x4YiQg8&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=ed99c3aad9b27cff

Edited to add: Make that paste in the link....can't find the little link-y icon to make the thing clickable.

• King Solomon
  • Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

If you believe that, then perhaps now is the time I should tell you that I am a Nigerian princess whose family has billions stashed away in a bank in Lagos, and if you can help me get the money out I'll split it with you 50/50.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

it seems everyones B.S. meter is working properly. these guys pride themselves on being able to "sell milk to a cow". i constantly deal with these ppl. some even expect card info after a 5 min. presentation. if you want to have some real fun and have some spare time, you can turn it around. act really interested, ask lots of stupid questions, be constantly unavailible for meeting, get creative but dont give ANY info not even D.O.B. the way i see it if they want to waste ur time, return the favor. it can be lots of fun

my personal favorite is the automated call... press 1 to claim ur free cancun trip. i press 1. when the person picks up i tell them to send the tickets to a made up address. when they change the subject i proceed to get nasty, "i want my effin tickets you insert slurs. you called me, now SEND ME MY GDAMN TICKETS", they cant be rude back. hawhawhaw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit