Spanish congregations District Assembly / rides for the kids.

by jam 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

Any truth to this. The Spanish brothers in Texas (DA)

provided an amusement park for the young on the

grounds of the district assembly. Maybe not an amusement

park but a few rides for the kids.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

If that is true it emphasisizes the cultural differcences between the english speaking and the Spanish JWs. When I was JW kid I was lucky to get food and water-and NEVER during the sessions.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

For what it's worth, I've always noticed that the English speaking congregations in the US tended to be more draconian in outlook. I only stayed there for six months, but if you wanted to throw a good party, invite the Spanish speaking members (They always gave me a strange look when I referred to their 'Español' as 'Castellano', the South American term for Spanish). It can be cultural differences as well as the fact that many have larger families and it makes sense that they would look for more ways to placate their brood.

• jam
    jam

Maybe it is just a rumor but I thought it would be

a good idea. At the end of the day some fun for

the kids. But we know the GB would not allow this,

no fun at the assembly.

• sir82
    sir82

Sounds like something the Spanish cong. elders may have dreamed up, but if ever it got beyond the talking / planning stages, a CO and/or DO would immediately quash it, and quite likely remove any elders involved.

• Aware!
    Aware!

They always gave me a strange look when I referred to their 'Español' as 'Castellano', the South American term for Spanish

I think only Argentina refers to their Spanish as Castellano (Castellano Argentino). Everyone else in South America just says they speak Spanish. In Spain they also refer to their language as Castellano and not Espa ñ ol.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I've known Bolivians, Chileans, and Peruvians who use that term (Castellano). And in Spain of course they use that. I think Columbia is the only country in South America to use 'Español'.

• Aware!
    Aware!

Okay, my bad. I had an Argentine teacher in high school and some classmates were talking about that.

According to Wikipedia the following countries use Espanol.

Español (Spanish) appears in the Constitution in

• steve2
    steve2
    a few rides for the kids.

I'll bet it would not only be kids lining up for rides!

I could imagine untold young and old alike unsuccessfully stifling the urge to line up for the thrill of a few rides in preference to the stultifying boredom of listening to the same old droning from the platform....

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

don't know, but I know for a fact the following:

In the days that the society furnished food for the DC's etc........... the food was diffrent for the spanish congo.

I was volounteering in Newark (the society had a distribution hub), and I noticed when their coffee was diffrent brand than that of the english............ from then on, I noticed other food was diffrent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit