weird "shepherding" phone call

by snakeface 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• snakeface
    snakeface

As many of you know, I recently wrote a letter to the elders telling them to make sure the congregation stays off my property. In the letter I mentioned that I "left the organization several years ago." I have not had any contact with any witneses for about 5 years even though I was not disfellowshipped and not even counseled; I just stopped showing up.

Well last night a brother called me (not an elder, just a publisher) but I let the call go to voice mail. Here is the gist of his intelligent message. Keep in mind he has not bothered with me in about 5 years. He said he tried to call me the previous night but dialed (a phone number one digit different from mine) and "spoke with that householder until he finally let me know that I had the wrong number." HA HA! What a moron! Then he went on to tell me to call him one evening so I could talk to him.

I can imagine this brother telling "the householder" all about how he is trying to reach out to a lost sheep he hasn't seen in 5 years and who has been snatched by the devil and will therefore be killed by Jesus at Armageddon.

I went ahead and blocked this brother's number.

• Coffee House Girl
  • Glander
    Glander

Maybe he truly loves you (agape love, of course) and feels the need to reach out to you every 5 years or so.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

LMAO Snakeface. If he did get a wrong number as he said, he probably kept the poor guy on the phone & counted his time. Maybe he figured since you'd been out for all that time that he could talk you into a bible study and report some more easy time. lol. Blocking his number was a good idea.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I agree with Coffee House Girl!

• AnneB
    AnneB

Be careful. Sometimes these "random" calls actually have more than one brother on the line so that they have "two witnesses", thus trapping you.

If you do get a call from a JW, my suggestion is to disconnect without saying a word.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Contacting you every 5 years...really convincing that they love you, isn't it?

• moshe
    moshe
    I went ahead and blocked this brother's number.

Well, I want it-, I don't mind calling him at suppertime and giving him three alarm indigestion for the rest of the evening.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I know a sister who has simply faded, she wrote to the Elders and asked that they, or any JW, do not call at her home or telephone her, if they wish to contact her to do so by letter, she said she was suicidally depressed at present and could not deal with people at present.

They have left her alone since. Saves having to block all the calls, and it saves having to hide behind the curtains in your own home if they come a knocking.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Around here, the elders don't call even if you ask them to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit