guilty mate (need Blondie)

by scary21 22 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

JW always speak of the innocent mate is free to remarry. How about this...JW man divorces his JW wife after a very very short period of time... (.wife is bummed ).. Before his marriage to her.he had never been married and does not plan

to ever marry again . HE is in his fifties so is pretty much set in his ways... Several years pass...she has sex with a worldly man (poor lonely woman ) ...breaks it off with the WM....get publicly reproved.... SO IN JW LAND SHE IS THE GUILTY PARTY !!!!

She was told she must tell her EX that he is now free to remarry...... BUT....... they won.t tell her if she is free to marry........they said they will check with beth-hell.....that was months ago.. Please I need

quotes from watchtowers....Is the guilty party free to remarry????

her ex does not want her , rejected her......and never wants her back.... PLEASE help me figure this out........all my searches talk about the innocent party...which is him..........NOT !!!

• cofty
    cofty

If the innocent party chooses not to forgive - evidence by resuming sex - then the marriage is over and both parties are free.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Ditto with cofty. He would need to reconcile with you to prove he does 'forgive' you.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

If indeed the man was the moving party (Plaintiff) in the divorce she is probably free to remarry in WT land. However, If SHE filed first she is screwed.

The WT$ made this rule so that people who wanted a divorce for reasons other than adultry could not commit fornication or adultry(before or after the divorce) to FREE THEMSELVES to remarry. There was a WT article about this that called this plan to get out of marriage as "Dealing Treacherously with your mate."

I'm sorry I don't have a link for you.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

her ex does not want her , rejected her......and never wants her back....

As mentioned, the "innocent" mates refusal to forgive her infidelity, makes her "scripturally" free to re-marry.

This is the crap they go over and over and over at Elder Schools. Are all the guys dumbasses? Or do they just not read the damn book?

Doc

• cofty
    cofty

3rdgen I have to respectfully disagree.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

WTBTS goes back and forth on this. The latest is whatever was taught at the latest elders school this summer. Since most Elders doze off during the boring ass parts, I would check on Atlantis's PDF letters to Elders from Beth Hell during the last couple of years.

The last sticky case I was consulted was over 8 years ago. The service desk wanted to know "Who was the moving party (Plaintiff) on the Divorce papers". And who had sex first. At the time they were trying to prevent married persons from PLANNING divorce and PLANNING to have the "innocent" mate commit adultry, or deciding to simply PLAN to remarry and only "get privately reproved".

One factor that has changed is the "forgiveness" issue. Sex. Before, during and after divorce. Some people can, (or at least pretend to) go without it for many years. Some have unknowingly had "make-up sex" after a confession of adultry...then change their mind.

Going back over 20 years worth of letters positions on this subject I noticed Pharasaical law...Holy Spirit"... had swung back and forth. The whole judicial commitee thing smacks of the Pharasees.

Ask your friend....Why allow such a confused group power over your entire life and future?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Cofty, You very well may be right if there has been NUUU light on the subject since I did my thorough research about 10 yrs ago.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

BTW, I forgot to ask, where I can find the article or letter to the BOE that changed the policy of 10 years ago. I'd love to see their new reasoning.(if you can call it that. lol)

• Scully
    Scully

I'm actually surprised that a JW male was allowed to divorce his wife without grounds, after a very brief marriage, just rejected her outright?? And the Elders™ didn't get all up in their business before that??

How much you wanna bet that he plays for the other team?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit