Starting University in 3 weeks...

by MsGrowingGirl20 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

I'm very excited! You all helped me to make this decision and stick to it and i thank you all. Eve though my life(spiritual) hasn't been sorted yet...I'm really looking forward to this! Thanks all

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

You will never regret your decision!

• flipper
    flipper

MS GROWING GIRL- I'm so proud of you I could dance, or sing ! LOL ! Congratulations on your starting in the university. A great decision on your part ! We will support you in every way we can . Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• St George of England
    St George of England

Great, you are definitely doing the right thing.

The WTS policy of keeping its members uneducated will back fire on them as more and more JW's realise they missed the education boat and are still trudging D2D and scraping by financially in dead end jobs.

What are you studying? (If you can say)

Best wishes from George

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Congrats, and don't overburden yourself with too heavy a load your first semester. There's an adaptation period, so don't let your eyes be bigger than what your brain can handle. :)

As the Bible says, "keep your eye on the prize" of that diploma, and don't let anything sidetrack you from that as your top priority....

• Giordano
    Giordano

Congrats! Make the best of this opportunity.

Gio

• Quendi
    Quendi

First, congratulations on your decision to pursue a university degree. Getting that will be the best way you can thank everyone who has supported you. Second, this means you have to be determined not to be sidetracked. There can be many distractions in college life so you must keep focused and resolute to finish what you start. That doesn’t mean you can’t have a good time but it does mean that your studies must have the top priority.

Third, have a plan even if you are not yet sure what your major will be or what degree you want. Talk to the academic counselors at your university and devise a game plan, a strategy that will allow you to graduate. If you fail to plan, then you are planning to fail.

Fourth, the hardest years are your first and last. The first requires many adjustments and sometimes those have to be made in rapid fire succession. You’ll succeed if you remember that you can’t do this alone, but you alone must do it. The last year can be difficult because pursuing a degree is very taxing mentally, physically and emotionally. Sometimes this opens the door for “senioritis” or “semesteritis” which is a strange combination of burn-out and apathy. You’ll manage just fine as long as you keep your eyes on the goal of graduating with that diploma.

We’re all proud of you and want only the best for you. We have every confidence in you and your abilities. Now, get out there, do your very best, and get that diploma!

Quendi

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

MsGrowingGirl-

I've been thinking about you. Glad you're still here!!!

Good Luck with your studies!

• admirmitch
    admirmitch

Practical tip: If you have a smart phone/pad, you can utilize it quite a bit. The iPhone uses Dragon Dictation. I used it to write my papers in the last days of my grad schooling. Five page rough draft done in one hour. You can record lectures (if the prof lets you) and this will allow you to come back to review later on. Best wishes in your college degree.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Good for you, Girl!

Go for it!

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit